GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SENA has released new firmware version 3.0.1 which updates the 30k to Mesh 2.0 It is reported to be an improvement in many ways. If you update to Mesh 2.0 you will be able to Mesh with the newer 50s units but will not with units running the old Mesh.
I suspect Bluetooth communications will be as before. I have loaded it and will provide updates on my experiences. It may take some time with this China beer virus keeping me away from our riding group.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As of now two days of riding have revealed interesting results. The audio on Mesh is much better. Interference did not occur. Music and conversation to passenger went well with the Wing volume controlling the music volume while the Sena volume control both. Mesh now has 9 channels and defaults to channel 1. Changing channels is easy. It is doubtful channel changing will be necessary for quite a while, not many other units around here. Riding with the 20s friends blue tooth operations resulted in Mesh being disabled. Music with intercom is disabled as well. More reading the manual is needed to see if that can be switched. We went back to Mesh as 20s units click and pop in groups of 3 or more. On another ride my passenger stayed home. This days riding buddy has a 30k but it is not updated. Mesh did not connect as expected. We switched to blue tooth and everything was clear.

Phone calls while riding caused terrible scratchy fuzzy (the call recipient words) audio, but stopped audio was great. Testing found that my speaking was too loud. Checking the Wing settings the microphone was set to +5, Lowered to -2 after the rides and further testing is needed.

Overall Mesh mode is improved. Not having Mesh and blue tooth on together might be a problem. As testing continues updates will continue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts