GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Sena 30K a good match for the GL1833? Any opinions on this unit compared to the 20S Evo or other units would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
I have the 20EVO and the only issue is that I am not very good at using it; or, better put, I do not use it enough to be very good at it or remembering all of bells and whistles,pusth this twice then mash this thrice....

prs

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm using the 30k with a 2020 Tour DCT. No issues unless connecting to a 20s/evo. Then there is popping and crackling when the group exceeds 3 or more. Riding with 30k riders it is nice to have the self healing mesh in the mountains.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That popping and cracking is also the case with slr when you are connected to 3 or more srl or 20 S. Thats a problem with the sena.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Is the only advantage of the Sena 30 over the 20 being able to connect with a bunch of bikes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is the only advantage of the Sena 30 over the 20 being able to connect with a bunch of bikes?
It is also self healing when comms drop from getting too far apart. You can run open mesh and pick up others (strangers) on open mesh or go private mesh and control the users allowed (private to all but the NSA). Also the mesh does not follow a leap frog path allowing riding groups to shift position without affecting range. There are several you-tube videos explaining this, they are presented by Sena. The 20s are greatbut loosing the link requires a query from the rider to reconnect. A simple button press. Usually not an issue, however in mountains where there are reoccurring loss of connection it becomes inconvenient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts