GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Sena headsets that I love! I just bought my first Wing, an 05 with standard audio and CB, is it asking too much to be able to use my Sena's with my Zumo 550 and iPhone 4 as I do now plus add the wings audio and CB to the mix? I don't run my iPhone through my Zumo because it is not a stereo Bluetooth, so I like to be able to use my iPhone for phone and mp3 use! Zumo to navigate. Would like to be able to use CB for comm with other riders who don't use the Sena's! I know, pipedream stuff right? I have probably left something out but that's the basics of my question I guess! I have reviewed previous threads but they just seem to bring up more questions to me than answers so I thought I would try a Sena specific post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It depends on what Bluetooth functions the headsets support. Easiest thing to to is to try pairing them up, then connect them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a response from Sena saying they are looking into a device that would integrate into the Goldwing system! I say flood them with emails requesting it so they realize the need for such a device! The power if inquiry is HUGE, let's go guys!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a bluetooth transmitter I plug into the Garmin because the bluetooth quality of the Garmin is so poor. If you got a 3.5mm adapter from Edsets to plug into the mic cord on the wing you could then plug the a bluetooth transmitter into that. This would send any audio from the bike via bluetooth to the Sena. The only issue is transmitting with the CB but at least you would be able to listen. The Edsets adapter is about $50 and the bluetooth transmitter is maybe $35. I setting mine up this way next year and just sending the Garmin audio through the bike. All I need is the adapter. I will also add the filter to get rid of my "02 whine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got a response from Sena saying they are looking into a device that would integrate into the Goldwing system! I say flood them with emails requesting it so they realize the need for such a device! The power if inquiry is HUGE, let's go guys!!

Funny that you brought this up as I just talked with them last Monday on this very subject. They know that this is something that is needed and they are working on a solution. The problem is making ALL the bluetooth functions work together and doing it at reasonable cost wise as possible. As I was told it will take time for them to get it to market.

They do have a device for controlling a FRS or GMRS radio using bluetooth but not anything that will work for the Goldwing.

I told them that I'm holding off on buying the bluetooth headsets until there is a way connect to the bike. I also explained that I'm NOT looking for 'proprietary' connection either. I want to be able use any bluetooth headset.

Dennie

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just saw this. Looks interesting, but no idea if it allows CB use or not.

Kerry

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just saw this. Looks interesting, but no idea if it allows CB use or not.

Kerry

I don't believe you can use it with your CB. The technical specs don't say it has the (Hands-Free Profile), which is what is needed. Also the only optional cable is a DIN 5 pin to 3.5mm 3 pole audio cable.

SENA does look to be getting closer though to what we need.

Dennie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts