GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bough this clamp and I'm not able to make it work.

First the connection seems to be very hard to make... and when I'm able to connect it, the only thing thing I can hear is squeacky sounds no matter what I select and what level of volume I have (even at 0).

any idea? Pictures attached.

Thanks a lot!
Luca

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
goldwing

From the pictures it appears that the male plug only has four pins while the female plug has five sockets. The hole spacing is probably off. My guess is it's the wrong plug.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would think it's the bike end of the cable (the large one) not connecting securely. It is a very difficult connection to make due to the large weatherproofing hood around it. It takes me several times longer to get it connected than a J&M headset plug.

I will often spend a few moments to spread the hood out with a screw driver type tool to try and expand the hood. That seems to help sometimes. While I'm doing that, I generally think about just removing enough of the hood to ease connection, but I haven't done it yet.

Does it make noise with the bypass module or the Sena installed? Or either?

I have a Goldwing clamp with a Sena 20S Evo and Grom BT-3 on my 07, and I couldn't be happier with it. It works exactly the way I hoped, with no noise issues at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@SSNJim, you're SPOT ON! The problem is indeed the connection. I spent several minutes this morning ensuring that the connection was super tight and.. indeed it worked!

I now hope that, as much as I plug / unplug the end of the cable it will become easier to plug.

Thanks a lot folks, as always YOU ROCK!

·
Registered
445 Posts
You're welcome. I haven't had mine all that long, but that connection difficulty is the only thing about the clamp system that I'm disappointed with. I too hope it gets easier. I'll keep working on the hood to see if that helps any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts