GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using a single 30K headset on my bike, I continually get this message over and over again. I have turned off the VOX intercom setting, but I keep getting the message. It is trying to make a bluetooth connection to my other headset, which is not on the bike.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to resolve it?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm not sure if the pairing is the same as my 20s but I frequently while doing the pairing, tap the button a first time, then a second or two later, hit the button a second time and that gets it to pair up right away. Maybe that would help???

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Problems

When using a single 30K headset on my bike, I continually get this message over and over again. I have turned off the VOX intercom setting, but I keep getting the message. It is trying to make a bluetooth connection to my other headset, which is not on the bike.

Does this happen even if the mesh is turned off and all bluetooth pairings have been deleted?

·
Vendor
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Does this happen even if the mesh is turned off and all bluetooth pairings have been deleted?
Mesh is off. System was purchased as a Dual Set, so the rider and pass headsets are permanently paired. I contacted customer service. They told me to turn off the VOX intercom, which I have already done.

It almost acts like turning on and off the VOX intercom in the settings is not working right and even though it shows it is off, it is really still on. I wonder if the phone app is working right and if it is actually making the changes in the unit properly.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Fred, a factory reset will delete the second unit intercom pairing. Intercoms may have been paired at the factory, but you can unpair them with a factory reset procedure.

David

·
Registered
20,663 Posts

I don’t have a clue but I am wondering how often it says “intercom failed,try again” ? Does it never stop saying that ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've experienced the same issue with the SMH10 and found the easiest solution is to simply reboot (power down & power up). Let the phone and any other device automatically pair as usual and then be on your way. I think the problem originates when I inadvertently tap the Jog Dial while adjusting the volume levels. I agree that it is demonic and there should be a better, more elegant solution.

(Probably just have to wait for the 50S version to come out to cure it; it will, of course, be incompatible with any prior versions, require all new hardware and there won't be any trade value for the old stuff ;)

·
Vendor
21,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sena customer service responded that I need to do a factory reset. I've had these things for just a few weeks now and I think I've already done three or four factory resets on them. When I reset them, it still shows the other headset as already paired, so a factory reset does not seem to erase the pairing of the two headsets when you order a dual set.

Sena customer service seems to be pretty lacking. So far I'm not very impressed. I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sena customer service responded that I need to do a factory reset. I've had these things for just a few weeks now and I think I've already done three or four factory resets on them. When I reset them, it still shows the other headset as already paired, so a factory reset does not seem to erase the pairing of the two headsets when you order a dual set.

Sena customer service seems to be pretty lacking. So far I'm not very impressed. I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own.
Fred, you've followed the factory reset protocol numerous times.

There were defective 20s units that I have been told have been replaced upon agreement with Sena customer service. You might give that a try for your 30k.

Knowingly selling defective goods or services is a violation of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act, commonly referred to as fraud.

I think Sena's failure to respond appropriately to complaints shows an unwillingness to serve the customers they market to.

I think they will suffer a loss of business over time as a result.

David

·
Registered
983 Posts
Fred, you've followed the factory reset protocol numerous times.

There were defective 20s units that I have been told have been replaced upon agreement with Sena customer service. You might give that a try for your 30k.

Knowingly selling defective goods or services is a violation of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act, commonly referred to as fraud.

I think Sena's failure to respond appropriately to complaints shows an unwillingness to serve the customers they market to.

I think they will suffer a loss of business over time as a result.

David
It sure makes me question whether Sena is the brand I would buy.

·
Registered
20,663 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I was going to make the change to BT headsets when my headset required a new cable - figured it might be time to make the change... After careful investigation of both Sena and Scala, I decided to wait... Just seems like there are still a lot of issues with these units and let's face it - the wired headsets work pretty darn good albeit a bit inconvenient... Dropping 500+ dollars and still having issues should not happen and one should not have to wait for a new firmware release to rectify the issue, if in fact it really does... These problems should have been taken care of in prototype testing!!! Bad engineering and marketing IMO...

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
My SMH5 gives that message when I accidently hit the intercom button with my jacket shoulder pad. Like, when I reach up to adjust my helmet visor.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
It appears two issues have been resolved with the 1.0.2 firmware:
- I no longer get the message "Intercom failed, please try again." I have VOX turned off.
- Audio multitasking seems to be working in Bluetooth Intercom mode. Riding solo I heard my GPS instructions come through with the music lowering in volume, and then resuming to normal volume when the GPS instructions completed.

I need to do some further testing, but do far it's looking good!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts