GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
J&m bt-03

I agree, what are our choices though?
J&M makes a bluetooth headset which I 'test rode' at the NYC IMS in early Dec. I sent my helmet to them and it is due back any day. The sound quality was excellent and it paired well to the GW. I am looking forward to 'cutting the cord.'

·
Registered
316 Posts
I came across the gearbest BT-S2 headsets that get a decent review and are under $30 per unit. If you need to connect with more than one other rider they arent a good choice, but for one up or dual riding it might be worth a look. I am using the Sena 20S and havent had any problems ... Yet?

·
Vendor
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It appears two issues have been resolved with the 1.0.2 firmware:
- I no longer get the message "Intercom failed, please try again." I have VOX turned off.
- Audio multitasking seems to be working in Bluetooth Intercom mode. Riding solo I heard my GPS instructions come through with the music lowering in volume, and then resuming to normal volume when the GPS instructions completed.

I need to do some further testing, but do far it's looking good!
Thanks, I just saw that they have a new firmware version out so I loaded it. But I don't know what it fixed, I still don't seem to be able to play music and use the intercom at the same time. I have to manually turn the intercom on and off, and it pauses the music when I do.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks, I just saw that they have a new firmware version out so I loaded it. But I don't know what it fixed, I still don't seem to be able to play music and use the intercom at the same time. I have to manually turn the intercom on and off, and it pauses the music when I do.
Yeah, my bad - the audio multitasking for Bluetooth intercom is still botched. No more intercom failed message though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ditto RedBag-power everything down, turn off BT then reboot, turn BT on and you should be good to go. At least it works for me.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
FIrmware

Sena has never been very good at telling users what their firmware upgrades fix. They give some general info in their release notes, but specifics are missing and the fix list seems to be very incomplete.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I still don't seem to be able to play music and use the intercom at the same time. I have to manually turn the intercom on and off, and it pauses the music when I do.
This is the same issue I am having. How do I listen to music but still use intercom with my wife? I can't seem to get both to work. I find it hard to believe there isn't a way to do this, but I haven't been able to find out how. I have a bluetooth device connected to the bike audio. I'm not using a separate device yet for audio.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same issue with mine. I thought it might be the wind at highway speeds pressing the jog button as it happens only on the highway and not all the time.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wife and I are quite happy with our old skool SMH10's. No issues, been working great for years and years. Since the wife and I each have ours paired to our on phones, and use our phones as our MP3 players, we each get our own music. And the wife likes to crank hers up and sing a long to the music. I keep VOX turned OFF. Only time I hear that message is when I inadvertently hit the jog dial.

·
Registered
1 Posts
turn your mesh intercom on (in private mode) even if riding solo will stop this problem and you will no longer get this message

21 - 32 of 32 Posts