GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have paired with 3 others (the limit for the 10R) but wonder what happens if I choose to pair with a new person and drop one of the others. Will pairing with a 4th take out the first pairing OR do I need to clear all pairings and re pair to add the new ??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone else had this question, this is Sena's answer.
"Yes, pairing a new headset will remove the first initially paired headset. Thanks."

·
Registered
48 Posts
Simply tap the Jog Dial of any one of the two headsets A or B (It doesn’t matter that you choose A or B.) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two 20S EVO headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the 20S EVO will return to stand-by mode.
Pairing A & B
A
B C D J
You can pair with up to nine other headsets. To pair with more headsets such as A and C, A and D, and more, simply follow the same procedure as above.
Pairing A & C
A
B C D J
Pairing A & D
A
B C D J
The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First-Served’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
Note: 1. For example, after the pairing procedures listed above, headset D is the first intercom friend of headset A. Headset C is the second intercom friend of headset A, and headset B is the third intercom friend of headset A. 2. Pairing by shaking works only between 20S EVO devices. 3. If you want to cancel pairing, double tap the Jog Dial during pairing mode.
Pairing with Other Sena Headset Models for Intercom Conversation The 20S EVO can be paired with other Sena headset models such as the SPH10 and the SMH5 for intercom conversation. Please follow the same procedure as above to pair with these headset models.
Note: The SMH5 cannot participate in multi--way intercom with the 20S EVO or the SMH10. The SMH5 has a limited capability of having two-way intercom with each other or with other Sena headsets such as the SMH10 and the SMH5.
You can start an intercom conversation with one of any intercom friends by using either the Jog Dial or the voice command. Single tap to start intercom with the first intercom friend and double tap to start intercom with the second intercom friend. To start intercom with the third intercom friend and above, triple tap to enter into friend selection mode. Rotate the Jog Dial to select a friend and tap once more to initiate the intercom with that friend. 2. You can end an intercom conversation by using either the Jog Dial or the voice commands. Press and hold for 2 seconds to end any intercom, or use the voice command, “End Intercom”. Or, you can single tap to end intercom with the first intercom friend and double tap to end intercom with the second intercom friend. To end intercom with the third intercom, or go to the manual pages 35 to 40.....it may or may not help???????

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nukegold,
I appreciate the info you gave but it did not answer my question.
I have a SENA 10R. The 10R is a 3 button unit (no jog dial) but that doesn't matter as I know how to pair with others.
Also the 10R can only pair to 3 others for a total of 4 in an intercom conversation.
My question was,,,
Lets say...........I am #1 and I am paired to #2, #3, and #4 and the 4 of us ride together every Sunday. This Sunday #3 does not show up but a new guy wants to ride along that also has a SENA unit.

IF I want him in the group do I need to clear all pairings to remove #3 that did not show up and re pair with the group OR can I just pair the new guy in and my 10R will just reorder the group?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
No 10R here, but my 20s and 30k experience is that you do not have to delete a pairing to make room for the new one. The device will boot out the oldest to make room for the newest. First in, first out.

Note that it impacts not just capacity, but the identifier. So if Bob is intercom 1 and then I pair with Sue, Sue is now intercom 1 and Bob is now intercom 2.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
P.S. distinguish between how many CONNECTIONS the device can run at a given time, and how many PAIRINGS it can remember.

Pairing is the first time they meet, or re-meeting a forgotten one, and results in consummating a connection. It's only new pairings (a new device), NOT the connections (re-linking up with remembered devices), that change the ID # and boots out (i.e. completely forget) one too many paired devices.

Is your limit of 3 for connections or pairings?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure if my limit is 3 connections at a time or just 3 pairings at a time.
So the 10R may be able retain more pairings than 3 just not be able to connect to more than 3 at a time. Hmmm,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts