GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have SMH10 and pared to each other they work great. I just switched them to run through the bike so I can use CarPlay. They still work just as good but about every 5 minutes or so they pick up some type of interference or feedback that lasts about 5-10 seconds. While this happens you hear static and we can’t talk to each other. I’m running the latest firmware on the Sena’s and the bike. Anyone else experience this and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My wife and I used five year old SMH10s on my 2018 DCT until a month ago when we upgraded to 20s EVOs. Our SMH10s still work fine and I don’t recall ever getting any sort of interference or static unless a thunderstorm was close by.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I have heard Carbon Fiber helmets can cause issue such as described by you, so if you do that may be the culprit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My SMH10 had similar static problems last year that just kept getting worse. I searched Google all over and found a small paragraph on one of the other bike forums that suggested 'reset' the unit. You'll find a tiny hole in the unit that is meant for a reset. Turn the unit on, gently push the pin into the hole and it resets the 'basic factory' settings but NOT your pairings. It worked for me. My unit is over 3 years old. Have replaced the battery (requires a little wiring surgery) when it got to a point of short battery life, and it just keeps on truckin' : )

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Software for Sena is up to date.
I don’t have any static during operation just feedback/interference from the bike when connected. It doesn’t happen all the time, just every so often.
When I run the Sena’s helmet to helmet and not through the bike they work just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts