GL1800Riders Forums banner

Sena SMH10 questions

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  gilz1945 
#1 ·
I have 2 older SMH10’s that will connect with the Wing and integrate well with the Carplay system when the iPhone 8 is plugged in.

My issue is that when I try to use Sena intercom with my wife it will not connect as long as I am connected to the bike. If I am not connected to the bike the two SMH10s intercom work perfectly. I have not updated the firmware in quite some time.

Has anyone connected to the bike and used Carplay with 2 SMH10s AND been able to use the intercom feature of the Sena to speak with their passenger?

Thanks

#3 ·
thanks , I also use an old smh 10 and since it works never bothered to look for an update !:grin2:

#6 · (Edited)
Read my COMPLETE update below. I will leave this post on for educational and informative reasons

DO NOT UPDATE THE SENA SMH10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 3 hours of not recognizing my Device due to driver down loads and errors, clearing driver issues with advanced Windows log ons, Disabling driver signature enforcements, etc etc etc..I was finally able to get the firmware update process started

at 90% the Sena Device Manager froze, and now my SMH10 will no longer power on. You can do a quick Google search of Sena SMH10 freezing at 90% and read the hundreds of responses.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I was able to search and find a resolution to my problem. I plugged the frozen Sena SMH10 back into the usb drive after turning off my Computers Bluetooth option. I am attaching a link that helped me correct my issue. This may have helped, but maybe just retrying the firmware update helped. I am not sure as I did both simultaneously.

#8 ·
omg omg I saw the above posts and not this one !!! Sooo I just took my old sena 10 and said wth and did the firmware update. Had to download the whole shebang and start the update . Whew it worked and tested it on the wing and whew again ; all is well. Guess I lucked out !:eek:4:

#11 · (Edited)
Yes, I did reset both using the paperclip and hole in the rear, as well as a Factory Reset. Imo having BT set to on on my computer may have caused an issue. I also had driver recognition problems due to my computers settings. Kind of like a Perfect Storm of issues incident, my computers Device Manager displayed the following for the Sena and I had to fix that by using the following fix:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

FIX:
https://www.drivethelife.com/window...e-enforcement-on-windows-10-8-7-xp-vista.html

I deleted everything to factory including the Wings audio settings and paired them from scratch as well.

#16 ·
just wondering about waiting for the next update. I'm using a sena smh 10 and it works fine with the 18 wing. So I'm thinking why wait?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.