GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting really frustrated. I have an SMH10 headset, an SM10 stereo adapter, and the Sena interface cable to connect on-board audio. I have the cable connected to the center (Audio In) port on the SM10. I can get the headset to either pair with the SM10 or the iPhone, but not both. For instance, when I get the SM10 paired, then turn on bluetooth on the iPhone, I can see the SMH10 in the bluetooth list on the iPhone but it won't pair. If I pair the iPhone first, the SM10 won't pair - but from what I have read in other posts this is normal (pair the phone last because it will grab the connection that the SM10 needs).

Both the headset and SM10 have been updated to the latest firmware.

1) Can someone point me to very explicit directions on how to accomplish this pairing, including which voice prompts I should be hearing?

2) Once this is all connected, how do I change inputs to the headset (switch between on-board audio and Pandora or something on the iPhone)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jennifer! Multipoint Pairing did the trick. One down, one to go. Can I switch between on-board audio (via the SM10) to iPhone audio (mp3, Pandora, Google maps navigation prompts, etc)? I have some ideas based on the following assumptions; please correct my assumptions if they are wrong.

1. The SM10 is using A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) to stream to the headset
  2. The iPhone is using HFP (Hands Free Profile). This only allows for phone control functions

The GW sound system is connected to the SM10 Audio (center) connection. The iPhone is mounted in a Ram mount to the left handlebar.

To get iPhone audio to the headset I'm thinking I have three options:

Option 1: 3.5mm cable (ear bud connection) from iPhone to GW AUX connection in left pocket; control by going to AUX in GW sound system, which would then stream to headset via SM10
Option 2: 3.5mm cable from iPhone to SM10 AUX connection, but not sure which input would take precedence (ie if GW sound system is off, SM10 AUX connection is live; if GW sound system is on, SM10 Audio connection is live.
Option 3: Turn off SM10 and let the iPhone take the A2DP connection by re-pairing it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Disclaimer: I don't have a SM10 and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

I'm wondering if this Note also describes the method to switch between the two Bluetooh sources?

From section 6.3:
1. If the Bluetooth stereo device is integrated with the mobile phone such as smartphones, you don’t need to pair the SMH10 with it separately. When the SMH10 is paired with the mobile phone, it is also paired as a stereo music device

Note:1. If Bluetooth connection between the headset and a mobile phone
is disconnected, tap the Phone Button to recover the Bluetooth
connection immediately.
2. If Bluetooth connection between the headset and a media player is
disconnected, press the Jog Dial for 1 second to recover the Bluetooth
connection and play

1 - 4 of 4 Posts