GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience with this set up? Opinions, evaluations, rants, kudos...everything is welcomed

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I think the current trend with Shoei to make helmets that have to use a headset built for that helmet is a mistake. I think being able to mount the headset of your choice to your helmet is the better way...I dont like idea of being forced to buy another headset when you buy another new helmet either...also with the clamp on headsets like the Sena 20S Evo you can charge the battery while using the headset...with the SRL system you cant...being able to charge your headset while using it is a necessary feature when on a road trip and your doing 10 to 12 hour days.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks like there is a competing thread going right now...

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like there is a competing thread going right now...
...don't keep us in suspense, where is the competing thread that we may post on this issue there instead

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like the helmet and the srl but the problem I have is if you have more then 2 headsets connected I get this popping sound, It doesn't happing continuously but it does happen. I only ride with my brother and his wife so I think I have gotten to were I just block it out. Also it only happens when paired to headsets I don't hear it when listening to music or navigation.

·
Registered
700 Posts
...don't keep us in suspense, where is the competing thread that we may post on this issue there instead
”Shoei Neotec II Helmet feedback requested”
It was just posted today; thought you’d have seen it. Or just click the NEW button on the top left and it should show up. It’s only about 7 hours old at this time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have the SHOEI NeoTec II with the integrated Sena SRL. I also have the Sena Freewire installed on my 2013 Wing. I am able to BT my audio, CB, Garmin, phone and intercom to my wife. I have not had any issues with the performance of either.

I have only run low on battery one time and that was when I forgot to charge it the night before. Found out that you can't use and charge at the same time BUT charge time seems to be fairly quick.

i would like to be able to use and charge at same time and be able to replace the battery if needed. Other than that, No complaints and would do it again.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Here is my .02: The Sena SRL is for one specific helmet.....that means if you wear more than one helmet, you cannot move your bluetooth unit amongst your lids. The other downside is that the SRL is wired as one unit, meaning you cannot replace components individually if they fail. Some will say you could splice in a new component if necessary, but you are assuming that Sena will make (and sell) individual components for the SRL. The third downside is that you have to bring the entire helmet inside to charge the battery instead of just the bluetooth unit. I worked in a helmet shop for awhile and had my choice of helmets and bluetooth.....I went with a Neotec II and a Cardo Packtalk Bold.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SRL2 is for Shoei Neotec 2 , shoei J-cruise 2 and shoei GT-AIR 2. You can switch between normal helmet and open (j-cruise) if you want. Of course not as fast as with the cardo bold.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
... The third downside is that you have to bring the entire helmet inside to charge the battery instead of just the bluetooth unit.
I keep a portable battery pack on my bike at all times. Besides using it to power an Sirius radio I use it to recharge the SRL unit on my helmet leaving the helmet on the mc seat.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
I like the Shoei Neotec II with the SRL headset. But I ride alone paired toe the bike for music, CB, and phone. I'm paired to a
Zumo XT for navigation instructions.
How are you pairing your Zumo XT for navigation? From the ZXT to what? Thanks in advance for a reply.

·
Registered
18,687 Posts
The reason I like the SLR is that it is built in. No wires or speakers popping out. No tapping on the side of the Sena unit like their other models. I use one helmet at a time and if I chose to purchase a different type of helmet to rotate or use in different situations. I would then purchase a additional BT unit. Of course the SLR only works with two Shoei helmets as far as I know

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the GT-Air 2 and SRL 2.
Two gripes with the SRL2–
-mediocre battery life
-inability to charge while using
Ended up pulling the internal battery out and wiring a 18650, mounted to the rear of the helmet. Not pretty but very functional.
Easily get 24-30 hours of use before I start hearing the low battery warning.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
My Zumo XT is paired to my Sena SRL headset.
Thanks, Ray I'll give that a try. Obviously no conflicts with iPhone wired to GW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts