GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get rid of the popcorn popping noise in the sena srl? It only happens when connected to other headsets. And I’m the only one that hears it the other riders do not hear it on their end.

·
Registered
149 Posts
By implication, you must be referring to the 8-way Intercom feature, which my wife and I have never used with our SRL's. When using the (2-way) Intercom (riding two-up) we have never encountered popcorn / popping noise. Suggest always start any troubleshooting only with the latest firmware installed.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Does anyone know how to get rid of the popcorn popping noise in the sena srl? It only happens when connected to other headsets. And I’m the only one that hears it the other riders do not hear it on their end.
Sorry, I can't help you as I have never used the SRL in conjunction with any other user(s).
But I have (2) Sena 20's again never used with another connected headset (s), but they are really not as bad with the "snap-crackle-pop" as my Sena SRL is. Why? I'm clueless but it one of the biggest gripes with many Sena owners.

Many have gone to Cardo Pac Talk Bold with JBL upgraded speakers. Check out youtube with various likes and dislikes on most any headsets on the market.

Once, I'm convinced the Cardo has few issues with A-car play I may see myself giving them a go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this issue also with my SRL last riding season. I did the latest update last week. Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to try it soon and see if it went away.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had this issue also with my SRL last riding season. I did the latest update last week. Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to try it soon and see if it went away.
It didn't go away after the update for me. Did the update last week and road Sunday with my brother and his wife and it was still there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Do you get the popcorn sound with just one other intercom or is it with more than 2 intercoms connected? My Sena 20s units were great with just 2 connected, but painful popcorn sounds with 3 or more. It is a well-documented defect. So me and my two riding buddies bought Packtalk Bold JBL's over the winter and two of us have connected with the DMC mesh technology, so far, so good; no better, though, than the Sena 20s. When our third guy finally gets around to making the change, I will post up here what our results are!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts