GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in touch with Sena support to see if they had any tips for getting the Garmin 396 to work with a Freewire. I spent about 45 minutess in a chat with a support person before they decided to escalate the issue. I waited a few days and got back a note that said I should connect the Freewire to the headset as a phone and then use a wired connection for my Garmin GPS. Unfortunately the 386 is a Bluetooth only devices. They also told me that the Zumo 396 LMT-S was not supported for Sena connections but the Zumo 396 was supported, even though there is no Zumo 396. I was amazed at the lack of support I got from them.

Also, just as a side note, Sena has rearranged their support web site and now nearly all of the Google references to Sena.support.com will fail.

I have things that now seem to work, but I do have more testing to determine if there are inconsistencies in how they connect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think Sena has a great product but lacks support and easy to follow instructions. Even the updating process is confusing. One time the buttons are the phone button next time jog dial or button #1???

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I was amazed at the lack of support I got from them.
2 reasons I will NEVER buy a Sena product again; 1, I think their products are WAY overrated and 2., their support SUCKS!!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sena

2 reasons I will NEVER buy a Sena product again; 1, I think their products are WAY overrated and 2., their support SUCKS!!
Unfortrunately, they have the only BT / CB solutaion for older Goldwings. IT would certainly be possible to roll my own, but I’m not sure I could make it work that much better than Sena does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts