GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had Sena refuse warranty because you did not have a receipt from an authorized dealer? I found a vendor selling 30K headsets on Ebay and they claim to be authorized in their ads. When I asked them about not finding their names in the authorized dealer list, they claimed they bought from "WPS" and "Tucker" who are also not on the authorized dealer list. I tried to find a web page that said Sena products were not warranted if they were purchased from a non-authorized dealer, but I could not. All I could find was that the headsets were only warranted to the first "End User" purchaser. The web site also says that warranty returns should be made to the store that sold the headsets and that they should only be returned to Sena if purchased directly from Sena.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I have the Sena 10 Had these for a good number of years (love em) BUT my troubles is the jog wheel just spins and spins. it will not stay at the correct position that I need them, so I can hear clearly... I called Sena, and they will not help me (out of warrentee period) ..I'm kinda bummed cause i do like em, BUT I winda wish that they would have at least giving me some sort of a way to stop this free spinning jog wheel.. So to replace them I'd have to purchase brand new models, with absolutely no discount... O' well, looks like I have to live with a free spinning jog wheel...........

Ronnie

·
Registered
511 Posts
WPS and Tucker are wholesale distributors that do not sell direct to the public. Both do sell Sena but only to dealers.

FWIW I've never heard of anyone needing warranty service on a Sena product. It would be a risk of course to buy unseen off Ebay but a rather low one. What is the seller's ratings like? If I bought one and went to register it with Sena and it was a problem doing so, I'd seek a return to the vendor.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WPS and Tucker are wholesale distributors that do not sell direct to the public. Both do sell Sena but only to dealers.

FWIW I've never heard of anyone needing warranty service on a Sena product. It would be a risk of course to buy unseen off Ebay but a rather low one. What is the seller's ratings like? If I bought one and went to register it with Sena and it was a problem doing so, I'd seek a return to the vendor.
I started out being suspicious of this vendor because their price on the 30K headsets was very good at $465 for a pair of them. The vendor is Apex*Racing. Their seller ratings are insanely high at 99.9% positive on 30K+ transactions. When I had a set of speakers replaced on my 20S, they wanted a receipt from an authorized reseller. However, that has been several years ago. They did replace my speakers but it took several weeks.

I bought these as an experiment. I know some people that say they work great and others that say they were not worth anything. Since the vendor offered 30 day free returns, I thought it was worth the gamble. If they do work for me, I'll call Sena and verify their warranty status before the 30 days is up. I'm also going to test them before I register the headsets with Sena. I don't want the vendor to say they will not honor the refund because I registered them.

There were a large number of 20S headsets replaced for their bad FM radios when they were first released. There have also been lots of replacements for the popcorn noise on the intercom, although in general the new headset has worked just like the old version that was replaced. There were also a lot of 30K headsets replaced in the first 6 months they were out. If you look on the support forums there are lots of people there that have had issues and have requested replacements from Sena. Some have been granted and some have not.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My experience is limited to my SM5-FM, SMH10, 20S units, those of riding buddies, the riding forums I participate in, and selling Sena and Cardo for a year. If I was participating in a Sena support forum it would stand to reason I would hear lots of problems. Sick people go to the hospital. (not that the people are sick for having a Sena, or asking Qs on how to use them, just that the people that are happy with them aren't in those forums)

When we get 4 or more in a group intercom of 10s/20s/30s we often do get some popping or a noise that sounds to me like a snare drum. It seems to be a trait of these devices and I never thought to seek replacement. I rarely participate in an intercom bigger than 4 so it's not something that bothers me.

Good luck with them. I feel you will be OK.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I have had to do it once and I am working on possibly another. It took me 4 months to get it replaced, I did buy it from an eBay dealer. I am now having problems with the replacement unit and looking to get it replaced as well.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sena warranty

I got on Chat with a support agent. The bottom line is the original end user will have Sena warranty if they have a receipt and the unit has not been previously registered by a different end user.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts