GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Outstanding, A menace to society finally gets what he deserves~~~jail time.

Janklow, routinely speeds and causes accidents, if anyone of us had this jerks driving record, WE WOULD BE IN JAIL TO

Now I hope his family (MR. Scotts) sues the crap out of him for wrongfull death

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jackalope

Its about time 12 speeding tickets in 4 years? What an outstanding driver, as for his diabetic defense I dont buy it, if he has problems finding the time to eat or to control his blood sugar maybe he should not be behind the wheel in the first place. Jackalope wont get any sympathy from me with his past driving record,but its sad it took killing someone for the law to catch up with him. He should in my opinion never be licensed to drive again and serve every bit of a ten year jail term. Just my opinion real sick of these politicians all thinking they are above the law and getting away with it. :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now I hope his family (MR. Scotts) sues the crap out of him for wrongfull death
I am sure they will and they deserve every penny they get...Downside is you me and everyone else will be paying the bill as he was on offical house business.
Word just came across the TV that he resigned effective Jan 21 st.....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well, you can always go to his website and write him:

I did:
--------------------
welve speeding tickets in four years. You thought that someone as responsible as a congressman would have learned, but you didn't.

Then you try to cop a plea that you were having a diabetic attack? Sounds like a last ditch effort to get out of a guilty verdict.

I'm excercising my right to free speech today in telling you that I'm pleased that you were found guilty. As a motorcyclist, we have enough challenge without dealing with idiots like you who feel you are above the law and simply have no respect for your fellow motorist!

·
Registered
584 Posts

He should get at least 1 year for every year of the victims age. In general population. At maybe, lets say, Marion Illinois. Let his Lawyer tell him that he's going there, then explain what Marion is about, :evil: I wouldn't be suprised if he went home and hung or shot himself. (Please, i'm aware of that place because an old friend use to be a defense attorney for some rather unsavory characters.) :x
Steve

G

·
He's not the only one

Several of y'all have mentioned the 12 tickets in 4 years and yet he continued to drive. Such is true with the rich and powerful. They rarely get their due and it remains to be seen what this turkeys sentencing will be like.

However, I have heard dozens of cases where "normal" folks like us are getting 3, 4 even 5 DUIs. Several years ago I was in traffic court for a speeding ticket. The case before mine was a guy who was probably mid 50s, didn't speak English, had never had a license in his life, yet he was in court for his 5th DUI in less than 5 years. The judge finally decided to put him in jail.

I'm not defending the congressman, as I hope he gets the whole 10 years. I'm just saying that when it comes to these sorts of cases a lot of folks should've been stopped way earlier. But, who's the one that can say 'enough is enough' for every driver in the country?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm glad he quit, and glad that he is off the road. Some people just dont get it when it comes to personal responsibility for their actions.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
JJ ... .that's one of my pet peeves ... nothing ruins my evening faster than reading the paper and seeing a sentencing article about some clown with their 3rd or 4th (or worse) DUI conviction ... and the judge still treats them lightly. And sooner or later, you know they're going to do what this clown did ... kill someone.
What needs to be done in this country is starting a movement to make courts/judges accountable for the consequences of their decisions.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Conviction

Having lost 2 family members to drunk drivers and been hit by a drunk while riding my MC, I have no sympathy for him or ANYONE else convictioned of drunk driving and killing someone. I cannot feel at all for him. He will after possible jail time and/or probation, get to see the sun rise, see the moon set and be with his loved ones and friends. The person he killed will not be able to do that. Is it fair that he lives? Not in my book........ :evil:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
When I was in law enforcement there was a guy that came thru the Sheriff's office, he was an alcoholic, had multiple drunk driving convictions, and had killed 3 people in 2 different accidents while DUI, 2 in 1 accident and 1 in another. He was on his way to prison for his latest fatality, he had received 2 years on a manslaughter conviction, he actually spent about 1 or 2 months in prison before being released, a real travesty! :24shocked:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where's the media coverage?

I listen to XM radio to and from work every day, (about 40 minutes one way) and have not heard much of any coverage about this guy at all. I've tuned to FOX, CNN, ABC, and even ESPN radio on the XM and am suprised at the lack of media coverage. What's with that?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Janklow

Go to this web site--www.keloland.com and click on Janklow Accident Timeline. There is alot of info there to read.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts