GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the AMA link below you can easily voice your concerns, over banning mini bikes and small motor bikes, and let your Reps know you are against such a ban. These are the bikes (intended for youth under 13 years) the Consumer Products Safety Commission has banned due to lead content (i.e., related to the issue of lead in paint-go figure).

If you disagree with such a ban, please voice your opinion.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

·
Registered
730 Posts
If I read the AMA article correctly the band is to stop children from riding them...Not really a band on the device it's self....If you own enought proberty and your choice to let a child ( not licensed to drive) to operate a mini bike ect.. You should be allowed to.....But a non licensed driver should not be allowed to drive a motorized vehicle on any land owned bthe goverment where it be the state or feds....
I am sure there is more to the bill than what the AMA has posted......They are like the news.. You only hear or read what they want you to...
Really no child should be driving a motorized vehicle of any type with out a licensed....

·
Registered
781 Posts
So Baby redwing, you never rode a motorcycle when you were a kid? Why does the goverment always have to tell us how to live our lives. They will let you kill your baby before its born but when it is born you can't let it ride a motorcycle or 4 wheeler cause he or she might get lead poisoning even though no one has ever gotten it before. What a fricking joke!!!!!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
So Baby redwing, you never rode a motorcycle when you were a kid? Why does the goverment always have to tell us how to live our lives. They will let you kill your baby before its born but when it is born you can't let it ride a motorcycle or 4 wheeler cause he or she might get lead poisoning even though no one has ever gotten it before. What a fricking joke!!!!!
You are absolutely correct. However, remember some people never get it until, of course, they come for them. My AMA dues are well spent.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
If I read the AMA article correctly the band is to stop children from riding them...Not really a band on the device it's self....If you own enought proberty and your choice to let a child ( not licensed to drive) to operate a mini bike ect.. You should be allowed to.....But a non licensed driver should not be allowed to drive a motorized vehicle on any land owned bthe goverment where it be the state or feds....

I am sure there is more to the bill than what the AMA has posted......They are like the news.. You only hear or read what they want you to...
Really no child should be driving a motorized vehicle of any type with out a licensed....
WTF!!!! I hope your'e not a parent

·
Registered
334 Posts
With all due respect, It seems that BabyRedwing is not familiar with the private tracks, ( you pay to use them), that are available for riders to use, for young kids to adults.
These tracks have to meet strict regulations, and have Emergency crews on hand for every ride, and the kids progress at a level that matches and exceeds the adults in many cases !!

That is where the Govt are stepping in with the stupid laws, and tryng to stop some of the bikes and some of the SAFETY Equipment being used , by kids under 13yrs of age!!

Here is a quick look at a flyer which is trying to make people aware of the problem. The problem is the stupid people that are in charge of the country !!

Harry.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I know this will draw some flames, but as long as we keep electing Democrats, to anything, this is what we will keep getting. I'm sure some Democrats ride motorcycles, just to keep it motorcycle related. Fire away.

·
Registered
423 Posts

Take offense or not, I don't really care. This is a STUPID comment! EXACTLY what licenses do states offer children for motorized vehicles? NONE because there is not a need. These are not over-the-road vehicles anyway.

Done by responsible parents, OFF-ROAD riding for children under 13 helps to teach responsibility. This also helps to translate to responsible over-the-road driving when they turn 16.

The intent of the law was soley to protect children from lead poisoning. The legislatures were asked to add a provision omitting ORVs from the bill but refused despite the fact that there is NO case known of any kid getting lead poisoning from any ORV ever. This is more government idiocy at it's best to control something they don't understand. It is very damaging to our industry and an attack on families such as mine who enjoy off-roading instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer.

You are right though. There is more to the bill. People who bought ORVs already can no longer get parts either - whether they have lead or not. It also increases the likelihood that parents will buy 85cc+ vehichles for their kids which are not old enough, because they can no longer properly size the right vehicle. A lot of dealers also pull safety gear off their shelf too. Our kids weren't in danger before, but they are now! Thanks brother government and thanks to the ignorant public letting them get away with this.

·
Registered
19,441 Posts
Thank you for posting. Letter sent and letter sent to my riding chapter. I raced as a young kid and had a great time. I would hate to take this opportunity from others. The government needs to let the people rule and not try and raise our children. I have yet to see a kid bite a bikes frame and I have seen alot of stuff

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
At the AMA link below you can easily voice your concerns, over banning mini bikes and small motor bikes, and let your Reps know you are against such a ban. These are the bikes (intended for youth under 13 years) the Consumer Products Safety Commission has banned due to lead content (i.e., related to the issue of lead in paint-go figure).

If you disagree with such a ban, please voice your opinion.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp
Thanks Richard.

Just another B.S. unenforceable law.

Who elected these tools anyway...sheesh!

:evil:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I sent an e-mail to my Senator about this law and got back a generic response for my interest in the stimulis package. I tried to send a response bt it was blocked and returned. Geez...

·
Registered
19,441 Posts
Please vote Demos and Repubs out of office. They are all crooks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts