GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going great. The 1st check I sent him last week was for 1k dollars. I am sending him one today for $ 700.00. I know some people might not want to see this, but I wanted to point out that this is working.

Thank you everybody that has been so warm and thoughtful for somebody in need. Dan is just blown away by the generosity of people from this board. Bill sent me a check from a group in Miami. We all met those guys one time when we rode down there for breakfast. However they had it in there heart to help Dan out. Great people with great priorities.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Dan is just blown away by the generosity of people from this board. Bill sent me a check from a group in Miami. We all met those guys one time when we rode down there for breakfast. However they had it in there heart to help Dan out. Great people with great priorities.
I think the check was just from Zonker, one of the founding fathers of this board.
Denny and I (along with the entire Miami Wings family) have a long history of helping people. After Hurricane Charlie we formed a caravan and bought material/food (lion's share contributed by Doug of Doug's Tubs fame) to the Punta Gorda area where we waded into the impact zone and hand delivered every bit.
Wingers, for the most part, are very generous people who help each other when they've stumbled or have been knocked down by life.
I am honored to know people like Denny, Steven, & Dan.

All of us in Miami:

Dan being Dan in Miami. Zonker and the other Doug had a chair waiting for him since he's the World's Most Comfortable Man:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, Thanks bill. You know what I mean. We had a blast down there, when are we going again??????????

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Toyo wrote:

I will never name names but it blows me away how certain people on this board can be so ungiving, if thats the proper word.

I'm so glad to see your sentiments have changed since last night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts