GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Concours Owners Group COG,
is have their twice yearly rally in the Smokies.
9/09--9/11

We are staging out of the Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort in Stecoah, NC.
Great Place if you have not stayed there. Camping to Bunk houses to private rooms. Big lodge, open fire pit, good folks.
I don't know the availability of rooms at this point but worth the call

Every year I have done this we have had riders from all over, in all types of bikes there. All are welcome.

Stecoah is close to Deals Gap although I avoid it on the weekends.
Cherahola Skyway is a favorite ride as well as many other roads in the area.

RJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iron Horse is a great place to stay.We know John&Charlene pretty well,but haven't been there for some time.We are leaving for Yellowstone on the 10 of Sept. or I would take you up on your offer.

Thanks Barry
Barry,

Have fun. When you get back we hope to a lot more states filled in

RJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328&mo=09&year=2011

Click on this link for direct access to the site.
You will find the information below.

To answer your question, the first year I heard about the event, I just showed up.

The entry fee for members is 15.00 and 30.00 for guests. I believe the fee covers the dinner and event T shirt on Saturday night. Lots of fun.

The Iron Horse lodge I believe still has accomodations available. Give them a call. The nice part of this group is that every one welcomes every one.

Folks generally decide to ride with others in small groups for the day and meet for lunch somewhere and then again back at the lodge for dinner.

I am having a friend flying in from Nevada as my guest. He will be riding another bike I have handy. I have no limit for guests so if your interested I will be happy to sponsor you as a guest (if you want to join the group dinner on Saturday) or just show up and ride with some good guys and gals for 3-4 days.

Feel free to give me a call and let me know if you want an introduction to the group and of course to coordinate a ride.

My cell phone (Sprint) is questionable there so call or email a day or so early.

If you decide at the last minute just ask the counter folks to locate me.
I try to launch in the AM by 8:30 and back at the lodge by about 6:00 ish

Look forward to seeing the Gold Wing guys join in.

Bob Melehan
904-566-3202
[email protected]

=====================================

Event ID: 144087 Event Status: On Schedule

Winding Roads and Rivers Rally

This is the annual late summer early fall event for the Southeast Concours Owners Group. This year the event will be held at one of the Southeast’s premier motorcycle lodges, the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge (www.ironhorsenc.com) located 12 miles north of Robbinsville, NC on Lower Stecoah Road. The site is within minutes of the Cherohala Skyway, the Tail of the Dragon, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, as well as a host of excellent roads in the western North Carolina and east Tennessee region.

This event will also attempt a Farkle Swap & Trade in conjunction with the registration on Friday night, so bring those leftover parts along! The COG membership meeting will take place at the usual time of 7:00 PM on Saturday night in the pavilion. More information on the rally schedule will be forthcoming and posted here and at the COG website.
Reservations with the group will be accepted until July 4 and are to be arranged with the Lodge staff on an individual basis. Reservations need to be called in by the individuals themselves with address, email address, phone number and credit card information to secure the reservation. Phone 828-479-3864.
Breakfast and evening meals are available on-site a la carte. Most of the dinner prices are $10 and under. Breakfast prices range from a bowl of oatmeal under $4 to a Biker Breakfast which includes eggs, bacon, sausage or ham, grits or hashbrowns and biscuit or toast for $9. The Saturday night meal is a choice of prime rib or salmon and the cost is $12.99 and $ 15.99, respectively.
Please register for the Rally through this website. Mail registrations will be processed by Vic Salisbury, 4952 80th Ave Cir East, Sarasota, FL 34243. Lodging reservations are an individual responsibility and must be arranged directly with Iron Horse Lodge (ph. 828-479-3864)
For any additional questions or info, contact Tom Sills ([email protected]), Rallymeister.
Date and Time Start Date: 09/09/2011 Start Time: 4:00 PM End Date: 09/11/2011 Approx. End Time: 11:00 AM Registration Deadline: 08/29/2011 Meet Time: 7:00 PM Event Leader Tom Sills
Contact Leader
706--290-3645 H
706-290-3645 M
Attendees
Registrants: 18
Max Attendance: No Limit
Guests:
Spots Available: No Limit
Total: 19
Guest Limit: No Limit Event Cost
Prepayment Required Pricing Option Name Price Deadline Member Discounted Fee $15.00 09/09/2011 Rally Fee $30.00 09/09/2011 Check-in Required: Check in will be at the Pavillion from 4 - 7 PM on Friday the 9th and from 8-10 AM on Saturday the 10th. This event is an AMA Sanctioned event and a print name and signature on the AMA form is required. Location (More Detail) Event Location: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge Address: 1755 Lower Stecoah Road , Stecoah , NC 28771 Directions: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge Cabins & Campground is located in western North Carolina, 12 miles north of Robbinsville on Lower Stecoah Road, 2 miles north of Hwy 28. Lower Stecoah Road is between Bryson City (on the east) and Deals Gap (on the west) on highway 28. If coming from the east you will turn right, from the west turn left. Go down Lower Stecoah Road about 1 mile to where you have to go left or right, turn left and continue about 1 mile. Iron Horse is on the left. GPS coordinates are: Latitude-035* 23' 21.85" N Long-083* 40' 35.97 W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts