GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to the Rally in N.M next Sept.Then on to San Diago,LA.Frisco.Sequoia,Jackson Hole,Yellowstone.and Home....Need Must see on the trip, so I don't miss much.Got 4 weeks.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Jim,

The riding around Ruidoso, Capitan, Lincoln, Cloud Croft is really nice. White Sands is a unique place to visit during a day ride from Ruidoso, if you've never been there before. Warm days and cool nights with a possibility of afternoon showers there in the mountains. If you have not made lodging reservations yet, I'd suggest the Smokey the Bear Motel in Capitan, NM - it's a plain, clean, mom & pop place. CTR Bob on the other board stayed there this past year, and my wife and I have stayed there in the past. You won't pay the inflated rates for lodging like you would in Ruidoso when the rally is going on, and you're not subjected to listening to loud straight pipes (as much) at night. It's about 15 miles from Ruidoso and a nice ride. Plenty of eating choices in Ruidoso, from burgers to French cuisine.
If you come through the San Antonio area, be sure to spend some time riding in the Texas hill country (Bandera, Leakey, Medina, Kerrville, etc.) - this is just a few miles up the road from where I live and I'll be glad to show you some of the local roads if I'm off.

Ed W.
Universal City, TX

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Since you plan on heading up to San Francisco, you might consider taking Hwy 120 through Yosemite. Then take 395 North to pick up the 80 which will put you in the path to Yellowstone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts