GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of taking a ride thru the new england states after labor day hoping that things wont be as crowded but I was wondering about weather at that time of the year and places to see, anyone with experience in that area and willing to reply would be helpful Thanx

·
Registered
901 Posts
Early Sept is great there. I grew up in So NH and am headed there this weekend. Should be there still then. The weather starts to cool a little by then, sometimes less humid, but then wait 5 minutes and it'll change on ya! Every year is different.
I plan on being at Shanksville for 9/11 memorial as the priest who runs the chapel is a friend of a friend(Triumph rider) here, as well as PA/Ohio CMAers will be there too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
A must road in NH
You will love this road. It was paved over 2 years ago and is great fun in either direction
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/nh_hmr.html
Sounds good. I traveled that area but I don't remember going the dirt unless it was on a fishing trip with my dad when I was real young. We went all kinds of places as he was an avid fly fisherman.
I'll check it out when I get there, had a week delay getting on the road but am in CO now. Going to spend a couple more days before heading to WI and then NH. Good stuff!

·
Registered
73 Posts
September New England Ride

I agree with Hurricane Mtn road being a must ride while in New Hampshire, but watch your speed as there is very little room for error on this road. Done right it can be a blast though. For a leisurely scenic ride the Kancamagus is a great ride too and it's on your way to North Conway and Hurricane Mtn. road. If you want to see Vermont they are having the Killington Classic September 8-11 and they are having vendors there as well. In my opinion just about anywhere you ride in New England with the exception of the Cities is enjoyable. This time of year is also good for riding along the coast, mid week the traffic is not so bad, but weekends are still at little chaotic.

Hope you have a good time,
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts