GL1800Riders Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September's Ride of the Month Contest!

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  paulcf 
#1 ·
Welcome to September's Ride of the Month Contest!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Property

@2_Wheeler1951 Winner of July's ROTM Contest!

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
I am puzzled by the lack of participation in this contest. It seems like a nice concept. I have enjoyed looking at the bikes when they are posted even though the number of entries has waned each month. Those members who entered in a previous month, but did not win, are still eligible to enter in subsequent months. There should be lots of entries each month and even more votes (determined by "likes"). Why is this not popular?

#3 ·
@Phydeaux
I entered the July contest. My entry does not even show an icon to post a "like".
I do not see where to check for winners. I guess you just wait to hear from the originator?
I think this page is for the group that enjoys bike shows.
I'm not into that.

So, what was the vote totals for the months in the past? 600+ views on most months, but what is the vote totals?

#4 ·
@Phydeaux
I entered the July contest. My entry does not even show an icon to post a "like".
I do not see where to check for winners. I guess you just wait to hear from the originator?
I think this page is for the group that enjoys bike shows.
I'm not into that.

So, what was the vote totals for the months in the past? 600+ views on most months, but what is the vote totals?
The winner of the preceding month is announced in the Admin's post at the beginning of the next month's contest. Curiously, July's winner wasn't announced until September (see #1 post above) while August's winner has not yet been announced. You can track the votes at the bottom of each entrant's post, but there has been no officially published tally of votes for each entrant. Your entry does have an icon, but you can't see it in your own post (not just your contest entry, but any of your own posts).

You can still enter for this month's contest and possibly win that Premium Member status for one year. It costs nothing to enter.

#7 ·
These pictures are from rallies this summer. Testing different configurations to make sure everything is working properly. These are test runs for the 7 day LDX rally that runs end of June next year.
Some pictures from the 2021 Butt Lite Grand Tour with the bike in full rally trim. We took the long way to Provo doing our own grand tour route covering 5.5 days and 4500 miles before ending in Provo, Utah the day before the Iron Butt Rally finish. Got to welcome and celebrate the Iron Butt Rally riders to the finish.

Fort Dilts, ND (last of the 50 states for me to ride in) June 30, 2021

Forest Gump turn around - Monument Valley at sunrise July 1st, 2021

US 14 heading west from Dayton, WY to Greybull this was taken at 4:30 in the morning at first light. Part of an epic day of riding. US 14 (the best of the three passes), Chief Joseph Hwy, and Beartooth Pass (did all three before noon that day) June 28, 2021 our 24th anniversary. It all started with our first date to the motorcycle show in Seattle in '97.

North by Northwest Rally 9/10-12 "Ring of Fire" theme. Mount Konocti, Lucerne, CA (Clear Lake) Bike has had some changes since the Butt Lite. Moved the mounting for the water jugs and added a rack with pack. Added a ipad to her left arm rest so she can read the rally book when pulling up to know exactly what we are looking for and what needs to be in the picture to successfully claim the bonus. Still fine tuning the comms on the bike to all the devices work together seamlessly. In this picture using a Garmin Nuvi 2797, XT, Valentine 1 (gen 2), iPad, and iPhone. Moved the water jugs to a hitch mounted plate with a 4.8 gallon aux fuel cell (6.6 gal main + 4.8 gal aux = 11.4 gal total < 11.5 gal limit for Iron Butt Rally limit), Saeng blind spot mirrors.

Getting closer to final configuration for the LDX rally. Go a few tweaks to finish to the comms and we will be ready. Best part will be several test runs to work on rally planning and execution.

Reactions: johnny42
#8 ·
Buffalo, NY to Red Lodge, Montana and back. 4443 miles in 12 days of riding. The instant I got home I changed the oil and filter at 12,051 miles. Bought my 2020 Gold Wing Tour 6 sp in March of this year. Rode Bear Tooth, Needles, Iron Mountain, Spearfish Canyon, saw Devils Tower, went to Badlands, Custer and Yellowstone. Primary reason for trip was to see wild Bison and Custer and Yellowstone did not disappoint. Dealt with severe cross winds riding across the grasslands/plains. Got short of breath at the top of Beartooth. I've never done a trip like this and I've been riding almost 50 years. I'm 66. I've been out to PEI via ferry (before the bridge was built) and Nova Scotia via ferry. Toured VT, NH, ME, New Brunswick in the past. Earlier this year, in addition to the above trip, I did the Blue Ridge Pkwy in one trip, toured WV in another and MA and VT in another. Here's some pics of Badlands, Devils Tower, Yellowstone and Bear Tooth.
Cloud Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Sky Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

#10 ·
Just like the prodigal son I’ve returned! 14 year hiatus from riding and we jumped in on a great deal on a low mileage 2013 F6B Deluxe. I think the only mods it had are an aftermarket windshield and highway pegs, but what it has now are a 20yr old Kuryakyn full dresser bag and two riders that are so thankful we are back riding again. Personally I think the bike looks like it should fly more than it does go over the road. A few pics from my first trip on it, a 1300 mile lap around Texas.

Attachments

#11 ·
Ok, I'll throw my hat in the ring! 2018 DCT with an Ultimate seat, Traxxion suspension, EC fog lights, F4 tinted windshield and a variety of other additions. To many fantastic memories to list; many thanks to the wonderful people on this forum. We did check off a huge bucket list item this summer when we visited the Dragon!

Sky Mountain Vehicle Wheel Fuel tank

Sky Water Cloud Plant Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Flower

#12 ·
I'm new here, but what the hey. First up is delivery day, the second and third shots are "in action" shots. Remember the old "in action" baseball cards lol? The second shot is Deals Gap (aka the Dragon), and the third is on the Cherohala Skyway.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Helmet Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

Mods so far are limited, I put the California Scientific shorty tinted windshield on to get more summer air, and added tethers for our Hit Air airbags. Other near term mods will be a backrest and those slick fold in highway pegs.

As I bought the bike in July, so far it's been local break in rides in my wonderful eastern TN / western NC playground. We have our first longer tour planned for later this fall, and I hope to have some nice touring pictures and will enter this one again! Cheers and I enjoy seeing the pictures of your bikes and the places you've seen.

#14 · (Edited)
Sky Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Plant Vehicle Mountain Sky

New to me 2014 comfort audio that I purchased this year with only 4K miles on it . Slowly making the bike "my own " and added Heli bars , TBR exhaust mufflers , K&N filter , Kuryakyn cubby hole bottle holder , NC mirror wings , windshield vent GPS mount , cellphone holder , seat is on the way to LDR saddles for a re-do to fit my 6'3" frame .Previous owner already had highway pegs , passenger elbow rests and trunk rack . Only wish is storage capacity , saddle bags could be bigger and top loading , that's my only knock on the machine , but after the inmates advice I installed CycleMax saddlebag fiberglass inserts and that made it much better . Would like to install a Bushtec hitch and Uni-go trailer for increased capacity , so we could go camping 2-up . Waiting for the bluetooth module from Electrical connections (they really dragging as... ) Self made map holder . I've got an idea from the inmate as well . A lot of great folks on this forum !!! Love the bike It's so easy and effortless to ride .You think what you want to do and bike does it . I don't know what I was thinking not getting a Wing earlier in my life . I guess for certain things you have to mature first . Not that I'm very mature , but here I am , lol .
Took my first trip this summer Chicago , IL to Venice , CA via Colorado , Utah (third picture) , Nevada ... (Americas Loneliest highway , Extraterrestrial highway ) what you see in the first picture , down to Vegas , Death Valley California (second picture) with it's 105F temp . Three weeks in the saddle . Rider fatigue ... what rider fatigue ?!?!? Not on the Wing .
You folks ride safe and happy adventuring !!!

#15 · (Edited)
Water Sky Mountain Plant Azure
Water Sky Plant Water resources Mountain
Sky Plant Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hello all! My 2003 Goldwing is paused at Gap Lake, Alberta. This is near the entrance to Banff National Park. On this day I rode through 3 national parks, Banff, Yoho and Kootenay. It is about 400 miles and is so beautiful this time of year. Cooler temperatures and few bugs to clean off the windshield! This is my last ride of the year, as winter arrived here today with howling katabatic ice winds off the polar ice cap, snow and freezing temperatures. Ours is a very dramatic climate and one must know the weather and the signs before going for a ride, as it has snowed here in every month of the calendar.
The view of the lake you see in the 2 pictures was taken directly behind the view of my Goldwing, I just turned around and snapped the 2 pictures.

As for bike mods, you can see some in this photo including my deluxe 10 inch analog GPS! I have saddlebag carpets, liners, lid storage and you can see "keyed" chrome buttons for the gas cap and right fairing pocket. And much more, the list of farkles is endless! I also have the amazing Centramatic wheel discs.

And now I must endure the long wait through the long dark as days are dramatically shorter and shorter now. Ride safe!

#17 ·
For me it is closed in reality! Today we have katabatic ice winds off the polar ice cap, temperatures around -45C, frostbite in under 1 minute to exposed skin. My Goldwing is hibernating now and looking at these pictures makes me wanna cry, as it will be a long dark now of 6 more months till I can ride again. Keep warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.