GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our server was down for about 8 hours overnight. These problems always seem to happen when we are out of town. We are going to make some changes but we will have to struggle thru this until Daytona is over.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Most of y'all slept right through it... but for those of us awake on the other side of the world, it was a long night... :lol:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Hal - as I wrote once before to LaMonster when he commented on the server problems and slowness:

Having a host that can manage traffic when the numbers climb requires experience and often some hosts even though they are in "the business" simply don't have that particular experience. Volumes in excess of 100 million a day are not uncommon with some places on the net, so traffic can be handled quite effectively with significantly larger numbers.

You should look at using Apache's rotate logs feature... and use urchin.com for server stats.

Also, not to be critical ,but the fact that your host responded without a quick solution shows they may "not" have that experience.

Good luck,

DaleC

If your host can't resolve this issue, give Ray a call at www.jupiterhosting.com a call at (866-746-4678). He can solve your problem and also probably reduce your costs too.

Here's a cam shot of a top notch host and server site that handles numbers and bandwidth you can't even imagine.

http://cam1.jupiterhosting.com

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thats ok i read another 1800 board and saw how many peole hate their rides and everything else in life also.

loren

·
Registered
759 Posts
this board went down for me at roughly 9 pm pst. I didnt get back on until roughly 12.30 pm today. Was in email contact with one other person outside my area..and he got on twice...while I couldnt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hal - DaleC may have sounded somewhat heavy in his delivery but he has giving you really good advice. No host should ever tell you about a problem without a solution. If you are paying someone to handle your sever and he don’t, get yourself a new host,. On your bigbike site I read your sites were moving 200G a month, that is a lot of…what ever we call what we put on these sites, but not a big deal for a good host. You are spending the money, get the service. Doug

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
My wife accused me of having withdrawls this morning because I could not get on this AM before I went to work. :) :) :)

I am glad it is on now.... :D :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. I will see Lamont in Daytona tomorrow night and I am sure he will be in contact with a couple of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts