GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the heads up. I hope everyone will post every problem they find on the 06, no matter how minor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reguam said:
Thanks for the heads up. I hope everyone will post every problem they find on the 06, no matter how minor.
One minor point.....DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE SPEAKER GRILLES...THEY DO NOT COME OFF ON THE '06

THEY ARE ATTACHED TO THE "METER PANEL"

FYI

·
Registered
405 Posts
06 defects

The rear seat heat control is seizing on many '06 bikes equipped with the comfort package. The replacements are failing too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Define siezing. Guessing you mean you can no longer turn the heat control knob. If so, what is causing that?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep, siezing means it won't turn. Dealer called today to let me know my replacement control is in. Wing was delevered 5/4/06 and the control worked when I tried the heaters out. I guess non use kills them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ooh I'm in luck then. My girlfriend thinks heated seats is the cats meow! Those nobs will get used all the time. I'm picking up a new 06 level for in a week or so. Just in time too, getting chily at night around here.

·
Registered
405 Posts
'06 Rear Seat Heat

Some riders are reporting problems after the bike is exposed to water for a prolonged period of time. The knob can be forced to move, but doing so damages it and the result is no detents, if it works at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts