GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bunch of old friends over for breakfast on Saturday. As the thing was breaking up, Joe asked if he could see my Goldwing, so I took him out to the garage. "Wow," he said. "That's beautiful!" Then we talked about engine size, power, comfort, handling, and all the goodies. Eventually, I decided it was time to set the hook; I let him take it for a ride around the block. And, of course, he came back wearing that big stupid grin we're all so familiar with by now.

Don't know if I've contributed to the marital bliss in his home, but his wife actually seemed to be on the understanding side. So, I'll try to keep you posted on Joe's progress...

John (stirring the pot) in Vegas

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ahh, Gotcha Now Big Boy! Don't forget you have to give him a little slack, but not too much! LOL

·
Registered
605 Posts
Way to go... Maybe if we get a high enough number we can lobby washington to get all the cagers to give us the right of way....

·
Registered
317 Posts
We had a couple pay us a visit late one afternoon. They knew we had a Valkyrie Interstate and two 1800's. The husband was full of questions. The wife was just taking everything in. I took her for a ride while he stayed behind. When we returned it was getting dark and they had other plans. He did not get to drive or ride as a passenger. He did set on the Valkyrie and one of the 1800's in the garage to feel the weight difference while setting still. A week latter he had a brand new 1800 in his garage. I was told by others afterwards that was not fair.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I took my 21 year old son on a group ride to a mall show last fall.It was over 200 miles round trip.
He had a great time,and didn't mind hanging out with us old folks.
He wants to buy a Goldwing now.He doesn't think of them as an "old man's bike",and likes all the comforts we all enjoy so much.
I'm going to pay for his BRC as soon as they start doing them again in Washington,and help him find a good 1200 or 1500.

Also,shortly after I got my wing,my riding buddy of many years( who also had been without a bike for a while) went and bought an Intruder because his wife didn't want the "old man's bike".After about a month of that,he had her sit on the back of mine in the comfy seat. He had a nice used 1500 the next day!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Went riding several months ago with all my sons, CBR600, Shadow Saber 1100, VTX 1800 and of course yours truly on the GL1800. The best comment was from Rob the CBR rider. We took off and of course he popped up on one wheel and pulled away from his brothers (and me) but afterwards mentioned that the ole man's scoot suprised the heck out of him! Paul on the 1800 and Sam on the 1100 just had no chance at all! But ya know what? We sure were a purdy bunch going down the road!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts