GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I give up, I can't stand it!!
A twenty thousand dollar bike should not do this.
Sure Mother Honda says keep your hands on the bars but sometimes I need to scratch my nose or light a smoke or flip someone off. (not)
Today I took the 05 wing to the dealer for front and rear progressive springs new K&N steering head bearing and metzlers Front and rear.
From all that I've read here, that should do it (for 1127.00 I hope so)
But who can own a wing without throwing money at it.
Will let you know by this weekend.

·
Chard Member
13,052 Posts
Redsred said:
From all that I've read here, that should do it (for 1127.00 I hope so)
I agree with everything you're doing except your choice of tires. If I was trying to troubleshoot a wobble, Metz is the last brand I'd use. Hopefully the new head bearings will solve the problem. You are installing All Balls tappered? It's only money... :wink:

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
311 Posts
Redsred said:
Sure Mother Honda says keep your hands on the bars but sometimes I need to scratch my nose or light a smoke or flip someone off. (not)
A few tips...
Scratch nose with one hand the other still on the bars. Stop smoking while riding or set cruise at a speed with no wobble or only light up at stop signs/lights. Again use only one hand although double flip may be deserved it really doesn't deliver anything that one hand will :lol:

Seriously I hope the work you are having done takes care of it. I have a slight wobble on decel around 40 but I have no problems living with it. I will be spending all my motorcycle money this year on improving riding gear. All these safety nazis here have convinced me that skid lid or no lid and a t shirt with jeans is not proper riding gear.

S

·
0 Posts
Redsred, only one guaranteed cure I know of, all balls , all Traxxion, done deal for sure . :)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Red is right. Metzlers have more wobble complaints than other tires. But I think they're the best out there for hard riding. Like Strider, I had All Balls tapered bearings and the Traxxion suspension system installed and no more wobble...even with Metzlers. Plus the ride of the 1800 improved immensely. Lots of money down the drain for me because I had the Progressive installed previously. Live and learn.

I hope things work out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts