GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been looking for a helmet for the last three (3) months or so. Finally decided on the Shark Evoline 3 Hakka...

We're riding out West this coming August and I want to have a full face as well as an open face when it gets really hot.

It should arrive tomorrow by UPS, the men/women in brown.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is a very interesting helmet design. There is not many "new" products that come out on the market that I actually am interested in, but this helmet seems practical and cool looking. I would love to hear what your impressions are of it. Thanks...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would like to know how when using as a full face how well it's vented? I too am looking for this type of setup.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Great helmet! Been wearing the Shark Evoline II for three years now.:thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had the Evoline 2, with the Scala G4 Powerset. I love it. In hot weather, the helmet does get warm. My wife is requesting a different helmet for the hot weather. Over all, I'm more than happy with mine.

Ride Safe,
Rich

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I have had my Evoline II for about 4 years. They come with a five-year factory warranty. Great helmet. Will probably get another one when this one wears out.

·
Banned
2,608 Posts
I'd like to hear your input about wind noise level when the full shield is down. Especially comparions with other helmets you've used.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I'd like to hear your input about wind noise level when the full shield is down. Especially comparions with other helmets you've used.
I don't know which one of us you are asking, but I found the Shark Evoline (or any modular helmet for that matter) to be a bit more noisy than a full-face helmet of equal quality. I think it's inherent in the modular design to create a little more wind noise. I started riding with foam ear plugs and have found that stops the wind noise completely and still allows me to hear my XM, CB or GPS just fine in the headset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts