GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a shark helmet and love it but the visor keep getting scratched from retracting it into the helmet.

I was lucky and found a place that had a bunch of them on closeout and bought 6 of them but they seem to scratch very easily.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just the one I have - which ALWAYS seems to be the case when I have something wrong !

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I haven't had that happen yet, but I have heard others complain about it!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Same here

My Shark just started showing stratches in the center of the inner sun visor. I have been looking for a replacement for when it gets too bad to look through. The inner dark visor is supposed to be an anti-scratch intergrated sun visor. I am thinking that means from an outside scratch source not from the working mechinism inside the helmet. Seems that the marks are being made from inside the helmet where it slides up into for non-use. May have to call the distributor in California.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My Sun Visor seems OK so far... Mine had some oily stuff on it when I first got the helmet, which "streaked" after a few up/downs.. but constant cleaning eventually got the oily stuff off and no more streaks.. the streaks looked like scratches.

I'm thinking if you are actually scratching it.. you must have some sort of debris stuck in the slot that is rubbing on the visor.

My issue with my EVO2 is when the clear visor is all the way UP.. I get a really annoying rattle in my left ear.. clicking it up/down a couple of times gets rid of the rattle for a short while.. if I leave it one click down from all the way up - no rattle. One of these days I'll take it apart to see what could be doing that.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<< My issue with my EVO2 is when the clear visor is all the way UP.. I get a really annoying rattle in my left ear.. clicking it up/down a couple of times gets rid of the rattle for a short while.. if I leave it one click down from all the way up - no rattle. One of these days I'll take it apart to see what could be doing that.>>

I had that rattle too. The way I fixed it is a put a strip of the fuzzy black velcro where the shield slides up and it gets rid of the rattle.

Here is a photo of it on the helmet.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Looking for a new helmet
Shoei
Arai
Shark
are all on the list and have +s and -s

Comment on the Sharks comfort, venting and weight if you can

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rattle idea.

<< My issue with my EVO2 is when the clear visor is all the way UP.. I get a really annoying rattle in my left ear.. clicking it up/down a couple of times gets rid of the rattle for a short while.. if I leave it one click down from all the way up - no rattle. One of these days I'll take it apart to see what could be doing that.>>

I had that rattle too. The way I fixed it is a put a strip of the fuzzy black velcro where the shield slides up and it gets rid of the rattle.

Here is a photo of it on the helmet.

That's a good idea. I'll give it a try. How go you get rid of the roar from the top vent when your riding at highway speeds?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Close the vent and turn up the music !

Seriously though, I usually don't ride with my outer face shield in place in the hotter weather so that may be why I don't hear the roar you're talking about.

I just got off the phone with Bob at Pacific Powersports and he said that they have indeed taken over the Shark distribution for the US.

He just returned from France visiting the HQ and said that they are busy filling the pipeline again and if you have an urgent need for a larger size helmet that you can't find contact him directly and he will direct you to a dealer near you with one or take the order himself.

Great guy and just what Shark needed here in the US.

Pacific Power Sports, Inc.

38340 Innovation Court, Suite 609
Murrieta, CA 92563
Phone: (951) 698-7878 Fax: (951) 698-7588
Cell: (760) 613-2379
E-mail: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts