GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
:D
It's 8 celcius here in Toronto, I charged that battery on my 2001 1800 Wing,...and she fired right up.

Except for all the road salt, should be a fine day to run to the store and get some milk and bread....as long as the store is in Rochester.

cheers!

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
She Started Right Up

That's good news. I had a battery tender on mine since November, mine fired right up today. got out finally today and put on 200 miles. The temps were up to 46F here. :)

Kurt

·
Registered
536 Posts
I rode in early January when we had warm spell, then didn't get to ride again until last week. It was sunny and 40 F. The only problem I had is that the reverse gear wouldn't engage. I muscled the bike out of the garage, rode for about 45 minutes, then getting into the garage again, the reverse worked. Haven't had a problem with it since. It must just have been cold and underused.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I fired mine up last week - no battery tender just parked it for 4 months and hoped for the best. She fired right up no problems. Yesterday I filled the tank as I never added any stabil but still not a problem.
Not exactly the right thing to do but I don't always (ever) do as I preach.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rode Saturday & Sunday

Got to ride Saturday and Sunday.

Only to church and home 4.5 miles each way. Was neet to see the snow piled high on the sides of the road and the Ice Fishermen on the lake with their pickups on the lake without look through all that cage glass.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yep, mine fired right up here in Ottawa, too. We had a beautiful sunny weekend, and with no snow to speak of (and no salt) for the past two weeks, so I was happy to head out for a short ride on Saturday. Took her into the dealer to get the audio unit changed out under warranty. I have the dreaded 'feedback in the speakers when transmitting on the cb' problem. Honda Canada doesn't seem to recognize the problem, but the dealer sure does after I demonstrated it! Hopefully I'll get one of the new (presumably fixed) audio units, rather than one that's been collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. So, unfortunately, didn't get to ride yesterday although it did get up to 7 celsius.

Cheers,
Arthur
'03 candy orange

1 - 6 of 6 Posts