GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i store my fork oil,final drive and gear lube in an outdoor shed..most are at least five years old and it does get near freezing there..do these type of oils deteriate ?? i know brake fluid will but not sure about these

G

·
oldbiker39 said:
i store my fork oil,final drive and gear lube in an outdoor shed..most are at least five years old and it does get near freezing there..do these type of oils deteriate ?? i know brake fluid will but not sure about these
I'm not sure, but for the cost, why not buy new.............Right Bulldog?????

·
Registered
126 Posts
if its dino oil its already a million years old,brake fluid goes bad because it absorbes mosture,i dont think oil does that i have used fork oil and motor oil stored in a sealed contaner that was over 10 years old with no problems.xx

·
Registered
126 Posts
According to the labels my bottle of extra virgin olive oil expires in 9 days. The peanut oil i use in my fryers can be strained and filtered and used 4 more times if stored in cool dark places. It has a shelf life of over a year if it has not been opened. Crisco if stored properly can outlast spam. lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Brokeneggyolk said:
According to the labels my bottle of extra virgin olive oil expires in 9 days. The peanut oil i use in my fryers can be strained and filtered and used 4 more times if stored in cool dark places. It has a shelf life of over a year if it has not been opened. Crisco if stored properly can outlast spam. lol
Nice one! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts