GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems it closed up (near Winchester) end of 2013. When I ride by, it is deserted and all the Honda signage is gone. Rumor says bankruptcy/owner divorce was reason (?)

Clinton Cycle near Andrews AF Base is the newest area authorized dealer; HONDA signage was installed (exclusively) at this former Triumph Dealer (and Suzuki/Kawasaki/Aprilia/Used bikes before that) recently.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It has been a long time since I have been there. They always had friendly people working there. Sorry to see they closed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So it is confirmed. It was the place I took the wife to for an introduction to the Goldwing. Ended up purchasing from a local seller who purchased it from Shenandoah. These fellows moved a lot of Wings through there. In contrast, Leesburg Honda doesn't even stock a Goldwing on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry if this information is being provided a little late to say the least, as the closing happened quickly and definitely was a difficult thing to deal with, expecially for me personally. I personally apologize for not notifying each and every customer. However, due to the timing, some of the legal aspects, and a large number of people/customers that I/we had served, it was almost impossible to do so. It is hard to believe that I estimate to have personally sold somewhere betwee 8000-10000 bikes, ATVs, etc. Wow, hard to believe! That's alot of people. I don't guess the government would pay me to contact each and every one personally?? Just a thought.

September 2013 will forever mark a very sad and unfortunate time in my life as we (Shenandoah Honda) had to close it's doors to business. There is much speculation in regards to why it happened, of which many factors were involved, some valid and true, others not. As many may know from first hand experience, divorce or closure, is not always an easy situation to deal with, especially, if you have children and are an owner of a business. I don't wish this on anyone, but for the betterment of the individuals involved, it may be the correct solution. I will also add we arranged pick up or delivery of every new, used, or service bike/ATV that we had in our possession prior to closing. There was not one customer unit locked in the facility upon closing. This is part of the reason why it was hard to contact people, as we were hustling to take care of the immediate issues.

I had dedicated about 14 years of my life to Shenandoah Honda and our local community to offer, arguably, the best products on the planet (Honda, best on earth!). I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to be employed there and consider the owner, his family, and the rest of the employees to be extended family.

It doesn't stop there, as I truly believe that I have made ten of thousand of friends and family with each and every one of the customers that I was able to help, or just talk to. I am proud to have met each one of you and can not say thank you enough. Here is another,, THANK YOU ALL!

I believe most of us have shared a common bond,, motorcycles! That, in itsef, is a link that has brought many of us together.

Some people had/have questioned my personal passion. No I did not ride to work every day, or every other day, or a million miles a year,,,, but I have ridden alot,,, and I have logged alot of miles, and owned my share of motorcycles (I am creeping up on my 40th street bike purchase). So I still have an undying passion for motorcycling.

I could be on my soapbox for hours on this stuff. Debate supporting local dealers from the customer side and the dealer side. I will just say that it is very important to continue to support your local dealers. Whether it be for a new bike purchase, service, or parts. It is nice to have good, knowledgeable sales people, parts people, service managers and technicians, and they don't come free,, nor should their knowledge of their trade.

Likewise, dealers have to cherish each and every customer, as without them, they have no body to sell too. And as a dealer, we have to understand that there are other options out there for sales, parts, and service, and to treat everyone fairly and respectfully.

I need to wind this down,,, or I could debate and disect for hours.

To update people as to where some of the employees are located,, Mike the service manager is now that manager at Valley Cycle Center in Winchester, VA. Along, with Mike at Valley, are two of the Shenandoah Honda mechanics, Duncan and Matt. The parts manager Lance, is now at Miller Chrysler Jeep in Martinsburg, WV working as a service writer. Please go visit these guys, they will be glad to see you. Dave, the GM, is a licensed Erie Insurance agent in VA, WV, and MD (specializing in home, auto, commercial, etc.).

So if you need anything, feel free to contact Mike at Valley Cycle for service needs. Also, Valley Cycle Center is your Winchester/Frederick County Powersports dealer. For Honda Warranty work, if you are north of Winchester, I will highly suggest Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown, MD. If you are east of Winchester I will suggest Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg. If you are south, I would suggest Blue Ridge PowerSports in Harrisonburg, VA. West of Winchester would be Ridersville Cycles in Berkeley Springs, WV. To the far east (no, not India,,, but closer to DC) I would suggest using Honda Powersports of Crofton in Gambills, MD or their sister store Honda Powersports of Rockville, in Rockville, MD.

If you have any questions or need any information that I may be able to help you with, please send an email to:

[email protected]

I will try to get you an answer as best as I can,,, but please, please, use some respect for some of the questions or comments you have. If it is too personal or a question that I feel does not warrant a response, I will not respond. Please don't spam me, etc. I have always tried to genuinely speak to everyone and answer their questions. Or heck,, let me know if I can help you out with any insurance needs,,, ERIE is extremely strong!

I suppose you can copy and paste as need be to notify anyone else that may have questions or wondered what happened, as I am sure there are still people that do not know of the closure or have not heard.

Thank you all, I appreciate everyone! Sorry if I missed something.

Cheers!

Dave

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Not sure if we met or not, but I have been in your store with another Wing rider (travelinlite). Just wanting to wish you the best in your life no matter what direction it takes you. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dave ... Thank you for the update. I was saddened to hear of the closure. My wife and I purchased a blue 2012 GW from you the very day I returned from Iraq. You gave us a fantastic deal, and I always enjoyed stopping in the shop. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. I awoke anxious every day to meet up with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. Murgi, I am positive we have met, and Mark, enjoy that Wing and hopefully we will cross paths again one day. Thanks again for being wonderful friends and customers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts