GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wait is almost over. If It doesn't rain Tuesday night I get to take her home!
:D

Al

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Amaxx.

This could go down as the longest 24+ hours of your life.

All the best and get as many (S)miles out of it as you can.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
New bike

Yer in fer the time of your life. :D :D :D

Woulda wrote that in Yellow but it doesn't show up to good.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Rain ?

Your gonna love it Big time ! Rain ? Take it home anyway it's yours ! 8)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hates waiting for something....

Now you still have to wait another day. I would not care if it was rainging or not, I will be riding. Enjoy the new ride and have plenty have happy miles.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
It may belong to you this week, but...

You will belong to Hal and HDL for the next two years....

I think it is called indentured servitude, slavery,

instant gratification, chromeitus, or just the

"can't live withouts", but whatever it is, it's fun!!!!

Happy riding.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IR Harry said:
You will belong to Hal and HDL for the next two years....

I think it is called indentured servitude, slavery,

instant gratification, chromeitus, or just the

"can't live withouts", but whatever it is, it's fun!!!!

Happy riding.
:luf1: Yes I don't even have that wounderful machine yet and my Visa all ready has HDL written all over it!

It's like beeing a little BOY again waiting for Santa to slide down the chiminy with that BIKE I just couldn't live with out! :oops:

I imagin SLEEP will be hard to come by tonight. :excited:

Al

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I still feel like a kid waiting on Santa just thinking about riding.

We rode ours home from the dealer, about 400 miles, mostly in the rain. We waited out the worst of it in a great little Steak House and then just decided to go for it. We had more fun than we've had in years, even in the rain. (The rain suits helped!)

Good luck with the HDL CC bills. :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Amaxx,

Well? It is Tuesday night, what say you?

I hope that you were able to pick your baby up today. Nice Pic of the parents googling over their latest EXPENSE.

Very Happy for you. Hope that you get plenty of problem free (S)miles out of it.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Yes ! The new parents, and there baby. Sweeeet !

·
Registered
337 Posts
Al, I got my first wing on July 30th 2003 and guess what? As soon as I had gone no more than 5 miles the clouds opened up and a torrential down pour cut loose on me :shock: But you know what it was worth it just getting the wing to it new loving home. The biggest downside of the whole day was getting home and seeing my sons white face. He had dropped me off to pick up the bike and followed me home. He said he was scared to death that I would go down in the rain. :wink: I have been riding all of my life so it wasnt my first soaking, just my favorite! By the way, I kept my old bike for him and am in the process of making him a lover of riding also.

I will not say that you may look back and think you made a good decission, I am saying that you will look back and know you did!!! Enjoy the rides.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Amaxx, Yelloww !!!! The sun shines inside even if its raining outside. I understand the wait thought, the first ride is so exciting. Just wait, all the other rides just get better. . Good luck and congratulations. Joy

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Normal

Must be the norm for when you (or at least I) pick up a bike. When I picked up my Valk in April 99 there was a light slush coming down, and then when I picked up the Wing in May 02 I had just gotten home and it started snowing (remember, I'm at 8600 feet in the Rockies -- 80 one day; snowing the next).

Enjoy no matter the weather!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My first ride on my Wing was in January of last year, from LA CycleSports, back to Vegas. Some of you understand that you have to go over Cajon Pass and the Baker Grade to make that trip. Bottom line is that up at altitude it was pretty nippy, down in the high 30's, and I was not dressed for it, because it was an unseasonably warm day down at lower altitudes!

The other amusing aspect of this trip (in hindsight), is that I really didn't understand the audio system yet, and learned that when you crank up the volume with the mute button on, it tends to make the tunes a bit distorted. :oops:

John in Vegas

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's is now Mine!

Well, Ladies and Gentelman, She is now home and under her blanket safe and secure. When Sandie and I left the dealership on this wounderful machine it was exciting and scary at the same time, no rain and temps were mild. Looking over the extra tall Windscreen saying to myself, what a wounderful view. Feeling the power response of the throttle "What a head rush" got onto the on ramp for I 880 throttling up to Highway speed :D and there it was the I 880 parking lot. So, I selected my parking spot and proceed to crawl home 'good for slow speed control practice' about 10 miles out traffic thined out and speeds increased :). Now I get to find cruse in the dark and this wounderful machine just purs effortlessly and smooth down the inerstate another 10 miles or so it starts to rain, not hard but steady. This wounderful machine doesn't even notice the rain, it's feel is the same and we are dry and warm :p not bad for the first ride.
This weekend I will see if Sandie want's to take Highway 1 from San Francisco to Fort Bragg, that might be a good Second ride :wink: .

Al

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrautlations AMaXX whoooo hooooo Joy

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Congratulations

Glad you finally got your machine home. You are really going to like it, and you have some of the best roads out there in northern CA. I was out visiting friends in October and just had a blast. We cut off of route 1 to go up to Mt. T, but the road to the top was closed due to fire danger. So, we stopped at Muir Woods and then road the back roads dropping down into Stinson Beach, before heading north and out to Pt. Reyes. Here is a pic of my Wing above Stinson Beach. Fall is such a great time for riding out there as the fog is not sucked in over the coast. In fact, a couple of us are coming back out for a 16 day trip in late Sept and early Oct this year. I can hardly wait.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts