GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hal has Shinko brand tires for the Wing @ Direct Line but I have never heard a peep out of anyone that has run this tire brand. Does anyone know where they stack up in the tire spectrum? :?::?::?:

· Registered
5,526 Posts
I have I think about 6500 miles on the set I put on last summer. I am very satified with them. I did not have any problem with them slipping and I have ran them pretty hard. Even rode them in some good rain and they felt good to me.

If I were to ruin one with a nail or something I would buy another one. I am not sure how many miles I will get out of them, but I am thinking it will be good enough to satify buying another set. JMHO... I know others will vary..

· Registered
4,703 Posts
There have been several reports. I've had them on since mid-summer. As DD King sez they are quite a bit like the 250s, but I have not had the slipping problem. In fact, I think that they are much better than the 250s in the handling department (but then, I don't ride nearly as hard as the NGM). They do seem to have a softer compound (than the 250s) and I do not expect the milage that I got from the original 250s. I was wishing for the 250s to wear out faster, though. The Shinkos have been much less prone to wobble than the 880s. What will my next set be? Either 'stones or another set of Shinkos. BTW, a lot of folks like to claim that they are made in China, which is not true. They are produced in Korea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.