GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ship my Goldwing from Vancouver or Calgary next spring, any suggestions, ideas, costs or companies to recommend?

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
Much as I don't want to recommend another site you should "talk' to Steve the mod at Steve Saunders site. He really knows the ins and outs on this He's in Ireland

·
Registered
698 Posts
I did this a few years ago and found the best deal through "Motorcycle Express" check on the web.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would like to ship my Goldwing from Vancouver or Calgary next spring, any suggestions, ideas, costs or companies to recommend?
Something to consider.

Check out prices for used Wings in different European Countries.
I believe our dollar is weak compared to the euro. Consider selling it there
rather than bringing it back.

RJ

·
Registered
293 Posts
Something to consider.

Check out prices for used Wings in different European Countries.
I believe our dollar is weak compared to the euro. Consider selling it there
rather than bringing it back.

RJ
I believe this will be a monumental hassle and paperwork nightmare if done legally and correctly. Most European countries have strict regulations about this sort of thing and would probably be watching to make sure you bring out what you brought in.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I believe this will be a monumental hassle and paperwork nightmare if done legally and correctly. Most European countries have strict regulations about this sort of thing and would probably be watching to make sure you bring out what you brought in.
:agree:

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Also take time to study the Horizon's Unlimited Site. It is full of world travelling motorcyclists. It has a section on shipping that covers the entire world. Also read Grant's (he's the founder) article on air versus boat shipping. (Thanks for the recommendation Sam.)

Here's our '95 GL1500SE getting ready to fly out of Vancouver, BC in 2006.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
If you have a loan on the bike, make sure the shipper doesn't require a letter from the lien holder.. A freind ended up having to pay his bike off before his Italian adventure because the bank laughed at him when he said he wanted approval to take the bike out of the country!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts