GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I am looking to ship a Goldwing . Has anyone shipped their Goldwing? Suggested companies? Recommended, avoid at all cost, etc. Thanks
Yes, I can recommend a company. I can also tell you to not look at any other company. Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping is the best in the business. They operate as a seamless company with their own dispatchers etc. Give them a look at their website. From what I have gotten from a bunch of users(that I trust) the rates are very comparable to the "fly by night brokers".

Here's the link: Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping | Motorcycle Transportation

Oh, they only ship Bikes and Pianos, and the bikes are put on their platforms for shipping. If you've ever been at a dealer when they receive a shipment then you know what the platforms look like. The bikes are WELL SECURED to the platform.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I had mine shipped from Desplain, Illinois Honda dealership to Richlands NC by "Haulbikes", dealership choice, cheapest possible, I'm sure.

100% DO NOT RECOMMEND that shipper.

Delivery took 2 weeks LONGER than THEY, Haulbikes, estimated. Bike "sat" in Northern NC per tracking data, for nearly 2 weeks. We could've driven there to go get it!

They had the struts compressed so bad, seals leaked and subsequently damaged to front brake pads, also had to be replaced.

Some say they had good experience, I DID NOT.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree, stay away from Haulbikes.

Here is the abbreviated version of my experience with Haulbikes.
On 25 April a vendor in Minnesota put in an order to have my trike shipped to me in Arizona. Got an email from Haulbikes saying mybike would be delivered to me 20 May.
On 20 May I got an email saying the bike would be delivered to me 4 June. On 4 June another email saying the bike was picked up in Minnesota and on it's way to Milwaukee to await transport to Las Vegas. Got an email saying the bike would be delivered to me on 12 June. On 12 June I got an email saying the bike was in transit to Las Vegas and it would be delivered to me June 18. Was informed the bike is now expected delivery by 26 June.
Haulbikes is the biggest fiasco I have ever been involved with.
I would suggest calling Uship. I used them 10 years ago to move a truck. Great service, on time, no phony excuses.

Reactions: Sladep

·
Premium Member
2021 Goldwing Bagger
573 Posts
I have used motoshippers.com with great success both times. They are not the cheapest. The bike has arrived both times in great shape, no damage. Just a bit dusty. They ship in enclosed trailers. They do offer AMA discount. They will do door to door service too or ship to a storage warehouse.

During the LDX rally last summer when we had a mechanical failure on the 06 wing, we set up a pickup at the local Honda dealership in Richmond, KY. They gave us a window of about two weeks to get it back to the west coast. The bike was properly strapped down on a pallet designed for motorcycles. I will use them again if the need arises.

·
Registered
38 Posts
#1 Motorcycle Transport & Shipping | 309-857-7679 | Federal Motorcycle Transport Federal Shipping. Used several times for ship / fly moto vacations. Had one issue with shipping damage to the bike's crash-bar. Fixed at dealership and fully paid by Federal. They are affiliated with several warehouses throughout the country. Pickup and delivery option from / to your house or save money and drop off at their terminal if they have a presence in a city near you. Pricey but worth it compared to some nightmare shipping stores I've read on this website.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I agree, stay away from Haulbikes.

Here is the abbreviated version of my experience with Haulbikes.
On 25 April a vendor in Minnesota put in an order to have my trike shipped to me in Arizona. Got an email from Haulbikes saying mybike would be delivered to me 20 May.
On 20 May I got an email saying the bike would be delivered to me 4 June. On 4 June another email saying the bike was picked up in Minnesota and on it's way to Milwaukee to await transport to Las Vegas. Got an email saying the bike would be delivered to me on 12 June. On 12 June I got an email saying the bike was in transit to Las Vegas and it would be delivered to me June 18. Was informed the bike is now expected delivery by 26 June.
Haulbikes is the biggest fiasco I have ever been involved with.
I would suggest calling Uship. I used them 10 years ago to move a truck. Great service, on time, no phony excuses.
Agree with all this, having gone through the same b.s, misrepresentation and false promises.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, I can recommend a company. I can also tell you to not look at any other company. Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping is the best in the business. They operate as a seamless company with their own dispatchers etc. Give them a look at their website. From what I have gotten from a bunch of users(that I trust) the rates are very comparable to the "fly by night brokers".

Here's the link: Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping | Motorcycle Transportation

Oh, they only ship Bikes and Pianos, and the bikes are put on their platforms for shipping. If you've ever been at a dealer when they receive a shipment then you know what the platforms look like. The bikes are WELL SECURED to the platform.
I used them in 2006, to ship my brand new 2007 FJR from Osseo, MN to Austin, Texas. Great service.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I used Federal also. If you are a AMA member you get a discount. It took about a week for my wing to go from Eastern PA to So Cal during the winter. It was picked up and delivered when they said it would be. If you have one of their freight depots close to your drop off or pickup point the rate is cheaper because they don't have to use smaller trucks for these legs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts