GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with shipping a pull behind trailer? Contemplating a trailer from a fellow board member, but he live 1200 miles from me. Any advice on how to do this or who you have used?
Thanks for your trouble.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Just had a disassembled trailer shipped up to me. It was trucked to Seattle then drop shipped to a barge line to Alaska.

The best and cheapest way to go is take the tongue off and strap the entire deal down to a pallet. Shrink wrap or build corner posts and shrink wrap around that.

Cheapest way is to get it to a regional trucking carriers yard and do the same for pick up but you can also go door to door. Find out what trucking carriers have a hub in your area and give them a call.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Where is it? Then see if there is a interest in a relay to your place. I helpped get a camper from Ohio to Utah.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Try u ship.com Its a bid site and i used them to ship from AZ to VA it cost me 300.00

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I had my Hannigan shipped from Utah to Texas via Keyboard Shippers. They came highly recommended and I was happy. They have special racks to haul MC's with, and they had my trailer strapped and tied up real secure. $500.00 total.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Uship.com is the way to go. Or try setting up a relay. There's actually one in the process from Rodger,Ar to Florida.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had an Escapade shipped from Texas To me In Alabama about 600 miles by AAA Cooper trucking for $137.00, shrink wrapped and on a pallet with tongue attached. It is cheaper to ship to a business than to your house if you can. I didn't have any problems and would do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts