GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a belly pan through wingstuff yesterday and for Australia they "quote" freight before order is confirmed which is fine.

I will say this is not bashing wingstuff at all its actually a freight issue.

So for a $79 item the freight was $100 through Fedex, ouch.

I sent wingstuff an email explaining i had got a 55 litre givi last year which the shipping was only $80 still pricey however local price for same product was $550 ex shipping and only $380 including the $80 for shipping!!!

I hope they can get a better price on shipping or if they supply dimensions and weight I said i will get price from myus.com or dhl and hopefully do better

Like when i ordered Fred Harmons DVDs from wingstuff the freight was about $45.

Unless i can find a better alternative I will either have to wait and do a bulk order to make freight worth while or look at making/sourcing people with skills to make stuff locally.

Sorry for the Rant, needed to vent and if anyone has any solutions or ideas (constructive :p) I would appreciate them :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Shipping

As a seller who sells to Australia on a regular basis I will clue you as to what the problem is.

For International Tracking packages must be mailed Express International and some vendor's refuse to send items without tracking as there are frequent claims on non receipt without the tracking.

An item weighing less than 4 lbs can be sent to Australia for a reasonable price by First Class International. There is no tracking available but items get there generally in 7-10 days. If you want cheaper shipping ask for First Class International.

If item weighs more than 4 lbs then you are outta luck unless there are several items that can be sent in several packages but as some point (based on number of packages) it is just cheaper to pay the higher shipping for combined items.

Hope this helps.

Ron

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Have a sheet metal shop make you one. They are easily made from either steel or aluminum.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
Tell them try usps . Shipped some crash bars last month was $36.49

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I'm certainly not an expert on shipping, but I do some here and there. I have noticed the prices to ship things right here in the US has gone up quite a bit in the last couple of years. I have also read that international shipping costs have really taken off. Ron has what would seem to be the best solution, but probably would not help you much in this particular instance, but is good to know. I have purchased things from Europe for my Kawasaki and the prices were extremely high. I just paid it because I wanted it. That simple.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same issue last week with Wingstuff freight costs for some smaller low cost items.

I asked them to get me a USPS price but instead they came back with a reduced Fedex price...

i did get some parts from another supplier who used USPS and it was way way cheaper and arrived no problem.

By the way i find Wingstuff very good so not bitching at them but it would be good if they could offer some freight options. FEDEX and DHL are gold star service but the cost can be high.

cheers
Ray
NZ

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have no personal attachments to this person or her web site other than her father being a member of a motorcycle web site that I help moderate.

Her father gave me the name of his daughter and told me a little about her shipping business to Australia.
My son lives in Australia and I want to ship him several boxes of his stuff..

Here is an email I received from his daughter after I inquired about her shipping services to Australia.

Eck

Hi Eck,

Thank you for your interest! There are several options for sending shipments to Australia… and the shipping cost would vary based on weights and dimensions. Yes, I can provide insurance based on the estimated value of the contents. I’ll give you an example of the shipping costs and times for a 10 lbs. (12x12x9) box below. Consolidating into larger boxes may be the better way to go… normally each additional pound is cheaper than the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] pound. For example, the largest box I have on hand is 18x18x18… if we were to put 50 lbs. in that box, it would cost $250.69 to ship… this is much cheaper than 5 10lbs boxes at $86.22 apiece.

DHL cost for that size package would be $86.22.
Below is the list of shipping options for your package. Insurance costs $3.50 for the first $100, and $1.25 for each additional 100. I have an Australian bank account and I have PayPal.
Please indicate which shipping service you want, how much (if any) insurance, and which means of payment you would like to use. As soon as I have this information, I can send out an invoice.
International Services
Display All Options
Package, weight 10 lbs 0 oz to Australia

Products
Expected Delivery*
Post Office Price

Express Mail® International

(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79"
3 - 5 business days
$103.20
Priority Mail® International

Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79"
6 - 10 business days
$78.30

Thanks again,

Claudia

497 Slash Street
Andrews, SC 29510
803-427-6077 (cell)
www.boxvoyage.com

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
The videos could have shipped to Australia for $24 in padded priority envelope, someone is getting rich off your ship quotes

Perhaps a board buddy could hook you up with a postal relay, have them do the custom form as a gift to avoid further added import fees,

Large flat rate priority box shows $77, you could ship numerous items for that, what ever fits , ships

·
Registered
589 Posts
Over a year ago I ordered something from Wingstuff to be delivered to my home in Canada. It wasn't a large item. Wingstuff would not send it by mail, they only use a courier service. Couriers charge fees for processing items through customs (I've paid around $40.00) while Canada Post does not for items less than $100. Since they wouldn't send it by mail I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have also found that having Wingstuff Ship ANYTHING to Canada was totally outrageous and 2 or 3 times more than anyone else.
Looks like the same B.S. to Australia.
I will not deal with them unless I get them to ship to a U.S. address and pick it up myself.
Maybe try one of our sponsors like Shinhoppers I have also had better luck with Cyclemax.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have also found that having Wingstuff Ship ANYTHING to Canada was totally outrageous and 2 or 3 times more than anyone else.
I will not deal with them unless I get them to ship to a U.S. address and pick it up myself.
Maybe try one of our sponsors like Shinhoppers I have also had better luck with Cyclemax.
I agree. I don't deal with Wingstuff for cross border into Canada unless it's a huge order, since shipping is through the roof. No beef with Wingstuff themselves, but I've experienced hugely better shipping arrangements with other US companies including Cyclemax and Honda Direct Line.

Wingstuff might want to review their shipping costs

·
Registered
226 Posts
I found the same thing with them. I do most of my business with golwingonline.com They ship USPS and are reasonable on their shipping charges to us here in Canada.....Ken

1 - 17 of 17 Posts