GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best way to ship saddlebags? UPS wants $101.00 each to ship these. That seems like way too much.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does anyone know the best way to ship saddlebags? UPS wants $101.00 each to ship these. That seems like way too much.
I've always had good luck with FedEx, especially with large sizes but not much weight or the other way around.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Where are you shipping them to ??
Are you going to box them yourself ??
If so, Pad them well, and use as small a box as possible. Their rates go way up, on an oversize box.

I just sent a customer a box weighing 30# and it was only $13.00 and change.

If you do the boxing, taping, etc. yourself, and take them to the UPS store, and they simply have to print a label, it should be much less.

There is an additional charge of $5.00 for Residential Delivery.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I had the same problem trying to sell and ship spare saddlebags. It's not cheap. They don't weigh anything but they are large.

Some advice: Make sure you really pad and protect the upper tab that holds the rubber side cover grommet. That is broken on every single saddlebag I have and I believe they all broke during shipping, not during use. One set of blue bags (beautiful blue too) I have look like they've never been mounted on a bike, yet those tabs are broken. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts