GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any suggestions for means of shipping mine and a friend's
bike this summer.

I have looked at a couple sites and received an on-line quote. I guess the real reason for this post is to hopefully find a source that is much more reasonable!! Right now I have a quote for two bikes plus my Bushtec trailer for around $3000 round trip. Seems a bit steep.

Does this seems reasonable? Does anybody know of a better deal?

Charlotte, NC to Billings, MT

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The prices I've seen are around $500 per bike. Ball park one way.

If you count the trailer as a bike, it seems reasonable.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I've used Allied van Lines, and ForwardAir, this past summer and fall. ForwardAir from Buffalo NY to Denver CO was $399. for a HD Roadking. Allied was $550. from Buff NY to Minnesota 972 miles HD Ultra.

Both full size bikes, but the Forward Air container was just barely big enough for the bike, and I was like a contortionist getting it tied down in there. Both bikes arrived safe and sound to their happy new owners.

Make your plans and reservations early, as they seem to need at least a couple weeks to a month lead time.

Then again, you could also consider riding.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Shipping a Goldwing

Look into these guys: https://www.forwardair.com/prepaid/MCmainpage.jsp

What I like about them is that you load the bike in a container Tie it down and you lock it up with your lock and key........It arrives at the destination you unlock and unload. If I would not have decided to ride my bike home from the dealership it would have cost about $650 from Kentucky to Washington State

1 - 4 of 4 Posts