GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to ship my newly acquired 2013 F6B from Brookhaven Mississippi to Humble Texas without spending an arm and a leg. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wanting to ship my newly acquired 2013 F6B from Brookhaven Mississippi to Humble Texas without spending an arm and a leg. Any recommendations?
You have to be expecting this; I say ride it. It is less than 400 miles.

I don't know for sure but I have a feeling it would be more cost effective than shipping it. Ride it, store it for a couple days at destination while you catch a bus or fly back to the starting point.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Others will chime in regarding shipping companies. My recommendation is do what I did, a fly and ride. Texas to Michigan, in the winter ❄. Cheapest way to do it and get a nice ride in.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Can you work with the former owner to help? I sold a bike (old PC 800) when we was living in San Antonio and I made a deal with the new owner from DFW to meet him at the bus station. A smooth transaction, happy buyer and happy seller that day. Easy to spot the new buyer too; not too many people walk through a bus station with motorcycle PPE.

·
Vendor
19,446 Posts
My advise, use a m/c specific shipper. A guy from NY shipped his trike to me for transmission repair. He called for recommendations, and I recommended Keyboard m/c shipping. So he asks google, and decides to ship his to the lowest bidder. His Wing not only left with expensive transmission repair, but about $3300 worth of damaged plastic was replaced too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another option depending on your time availability and vehicle capabilities would be the following;

Drive to Brookhaven, spend the night, rent a U-Haul trailer and tow the F6B back to Humble the next day.
I've used the U-Haul 5x9 with the ramp and the '12 Goldwing fit in it quite well.
One way rental of the trailer is actually really cheap.

Just remember to take all of your tie-downs, hitch, etc with you, before leaving home.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I had a Goldwing shipped from eastern PA to Wisconsin. Cost was $575.00 and was shipped by Motorcycle Masters at 833 222-2065. Were good to work with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK. Thanks for all the advice. I finally used a motorcycle only shipping company from Brookhaven MS to Houston, Tx. Came in three days. $577.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts