GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now that I have replaced the 0 degree knuckles, I still have a little lean on the tires. I see that the shocks do have holes for adjusting them. But it looks like it is very tight quarters to adjust them. Have any of you did the adjusting yet and if so what wrench did you use? Also, if I need the bottom of the tire to come back to the inside of the trike, which way should the shock be adjusted? I am looking at the shock from the outside of trike and the bottom where it is connected to the swing arm. Below the adjusting sleeve there is between 3/4 and 1 inch to the bottom of shock. The left side from rear has more lean that right.

Thanks, Bruce

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out what to use to adjust the shock. Looked at the Champion install manual and it said to use a shortened #2 Phillips screwdriver. Cut to about a half inch long. Hope to do the adjusting this weekend. Will let you all know how it turns out. For ow I feel the ride is better now that there is not so much camber on the tires. It just feels better to me.

Bruce

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on the shock adjusting. I have now gone through and adjusted the shocks to what I believe is 1/2 of the total length adjustment ( firmer ). The ride is so much better now. I don't feel the bumps like I used to. The suspension is doing it's job now.
Now I am waiting on Champion to release the replacement bushings for the sway bar. Hope to have them before my trip to Tenn. in October.

Bruce

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Bruce, congrats on getting the "ride" to where you want it for comfert. Gosh, going to TN in October, you should come down to the ICBTC in September as a "test ride" of TN. Ride safe and enjoy your trike.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts