GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new rear shock that was given to me from a friend's trike conversion. I am going to ask my dealer if he will do the labor and put it on for me. Is that considered proper and what do you think the dealer's labor charge should be? I know, I know, ask my dealer of course. I am just curious and want to know now-tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Not a Honda dealer but a Traxxion Dealer/Installer's charge to remove reinstall a rear shock is $250. Use this as a baseline. Course these guys know their stuff and have probably done many more R&Rs than any Honda dealership. It will be interesting to hear the quote you get from your dealership.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Dealers around Dallas quoted $300-$400. Of course, they charge $99 and hour for labor...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was present and helped a bit when I replaced the shock with a Progressive a couple of years ago. You will be amazed at how much of your bike has to be taken apart to do this job. It will be a minimum of four hours work at your dealership.
Heck, he even had to "grease" the gas tank to take it in and out of the frame of the bike. what a big job!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that it takes about three to four hours labor. Thanks for the replies everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts