GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Looking at getting a Shoei J-Cruise, I'm currently using a Neotec and really like the helmet, but want more airflow in the summer riding months. I'm looking at using the Neotec mostly for the ST1300, and Shoei J-Cruise for the GL1800. I do have baker wings, and run a bagger short sheild for back road riding and use the stock ( looking at windshields as well) w/vent for highway runs.
Is anyone currently using a J-Cruise 3/4 ? What do you thing about it pro's and cons. Are you using the Hard wired ( Honda or J&M) headsets ?
Any info is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
52 Posts
All,

Looking at getting a Shoei J-Cruise, I'm currently using a Neotec and really like the helmet, but want more airflow in the summer riding months. I'm looking at using the Neotec mostly for the ST1300, and Shoei J-Cruise for the GL1800. I do have baker wings, and run a bagger short sheild for back road riding and use the stock ( looking at windshields as well) w/vent for highway runs.
Is anyone currently using a J-Cruise 3/4 ? What do you thing about it pro's and cons. Are you using the Hard wired ( Honda or J&M) headsets ?
Any info is greatly appreciated..
I started with the Neotec and like you wanted a little more "openness" so bought a J-Cruise which I now us all the time. Field of vision is much better with the 3/4 although it is a little noisier. I wear ear plugs so the noise is not a problem. I have J&M headsets in both helmets and I found the audio quality the same in both models. I have risen in 4+ hours of steady rain without any problem in the J-Cruise and while I don't use the "pin shield" to prevent fogging I've never really had a problem with that with either helmet. My thinking was to use the Neotec for cold weather riding but this past New Years Day I put a balaclava hood over my head and used the J-Cruise on a day ride that started at 22 degrees without a problem. Haven't had the Neotec out in over a year.

I use a VStream windshield by National Cycle which serves me well. Good luck with your choices.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't have a J-Cruise, but plan on getting one for Christmas (although, maybe the Bell Mag-9). I often ride with an old Fulmer open face that just fits my head well. Sadly, it has no face shield or sunshade. That's why I'm looking to up grade. I feel safe in a FF or convertible helmet, but you really do see more with an open face, and they are lighter and easier on my neck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't have a J Cruise but I have been using a Shoie RJ Air for many years. I'm on my third one. Last time I got a new helmet I was going to get a modular, for the added protection. Tried a Shark Evoline (three different sizes) but couldn't get one that was comfortable on my fat head. Then I tried an Evotek with the removable chinbar. Helmet was way noisy. Tried one other (can't remember what it was) and finally got tired of looking and went back to the RJ Air. It fits me very well, is pretty quiet and equipped with the Sena SMH10 I can hear my music very well. I don't use a face shield but would like to have one in the rain so I might look into the J Cruise.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have a J-Cruise, but plan on getting one for Christmas (although, maybe the Bell Mag-9). I often ride with an old Fulmer open face that just fits my head well. Sadly, it has no face shield or sunshade. That's why I'm looking to up grade. I feel safe in a FF or convertible helmet, but you really do see more with an open face, and they are lighter and easier on my neck.
If those two helmets are your only 2 choices I will tell you without hesitation that the Shoei is wwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the Bell. I have both and the Shoei is quieter inside, fits better and doesn't creak and rattle like the Bell. There is a reason it costs more: you get what you pay for. IMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts