GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put headsets into the new Multitec yet? I've got two on order now and I'm looking for options for a comfortable fit. In the mean time I'll try the EdSets from my Aria full face and HJC 3/4.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
kwmcb said:
Has anyone put headsets into the new Multitec yet? I've got two on order now and I'm looking for options for a comfortable fit. In the mean time I'll try the EdSets from my Aria full face and HJC 3/4.
Not quite
.... but I just put two EdSets into two Nolan 102 N-Coms (they are also a modular).
The sound is great.

I'm not sure how similar (or different) the Multitec's are from the Nolan's so this may be no help

I improvised a little and did not install the way that Ed advises.

I did not want the "dongle" coming out near my neck so I took advantage of the little access "door" on the N-Com helmets.
So far, so good.

Click Here for pictures.

Dennis

·
Registered
145 Posts
Headsets

I just called J&M and they now have a head set that works with the Multitec. Apparently this helmet required something different from what is used on other helmets.

J

·
0 Posts
kwmcb

You don't seem to be getting any answers - and fast too. Here is another story that is also beating around the bush but it may be better than nothing. We just installed some new Ed Sets in Shoei X Elevens which are full face helmets, no flip. It is a tight fit to say the least. Had to ditch the Ed Sets pouches for the speakers since they squeezed the ears too much. My SO made some new pouches from thin cotton material and now the crushed ear problem has gone away. We also have to use sliks helmet liners (the Pilgrim hat) which keeps the top of our ears from folding over, causing great injury. Now they are working great for us however we have still not installed any permanent device to keep the speakers from moving around, as we are working on a method that will not make the speakers closer to our ears. The Multitech may have a bit more room and if so you will be pleased. We really do love our X-11s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts