GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't ever remember seeing them mentioned in any of the helmet threads I've read here.

Anyone where one? I thinking about a new pair of helmets for me and the wife. Shoei is the only helmet I've ever worn in my 30+ yrs of riding. Had my life saved twice with them. Kinda partial toward 'em in guess.

Anyways, opinions on the MultiTeks? These would be the first modulars we've ever owned.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Check webbikeworld.com for reviews on helmets. The recently did the Shoei Multitech. I bought the Nolan N90 based on their review and I am extremely pleased.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wear one. It's the second modular helmet I've owned, and I've worn it about 3 years. My first was a Fulmer, and it, IMHO, was junk. The Shoei fits my dome reasonably well, is pretty comfortable and reasonably quiet for me. The Fulmer was WAY louder. That said, my old Shoei RF1000 (full face, non modular) was just a little quieter, but not much.

If I had a complaint about this helmet, it would be that it seems a little heavy. But that's stretching it a bit. And I honestly haven't compared it at all to the other popular modulars out there in any way, other than trying a couple Nolans on at CycleGear. They just dont fit me right...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just went and shopped for helmets today and found the multitek to be the most comfortable. It's not easy to decide just by trying them on, especially at their price. The other helmet in my short list is the shark evo series 2. I haven't bought anything yet. I'll be watching this thread for input from those who have experience with them.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The Multtec is a great helmet. I had one and only switched to open face when I realized I could no longer handle the feeling of having my head in a box. I guess I have just become claustrophobic....

But I had to get an XXL, where I can wear an XL in the Shoei RJ Platinum R, open face/classic style helmet. I seem to have a big head...no surprise to my friends.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Shoei makes a great helmet. It was a toss up between it an the Shark. I chose the Shark but wouldn't hesitate to buy a MultiTek in the future.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
i have one and really enjoy it, Had the headset installed with the order. Would buy again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Shark Evolution hands down.
My buddy has a brand new Multi tech and it is a nice helmet as is most Shoei’s. He saw My Shark Evoline Waver with its versatility and quality and he is now looking for one. They are a bit hard to find and extra visors are pricey.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
It fits heads that are not round but more elongated front to rear. Fits me great, but have not bought one yet, just tried it on.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Love my Multitec's as well, but if money is not an object look into Schuberth C3...incredible :thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love mine. Very easy to put my glasses on after putting on the helmet. There seems to be a built in slot for the earpieces to slide in. No other helmet has this feature .

·
Registered
166 Posts
We've worn Shoei Multi-techs for more than 2 years now and find them to be very well made and comfortable. One "gotcha" on the multi-tech is that the lining is not removable for cleaning.
At first my wife's helmet squeezed her cheeks too much but the cheek pads are removable and different sizes were available to solve her problem. The mechanisms work well and they stay dry inside when it's raining.

If you like Shoei I think you will like the multi-tech model as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It fits heads that are not round but more elongated front to rear. Fits me great, but have not bought one yet, just tried it on.
I agree. The Shoe Multitec fits me best for the same reason.

For the most part it is a good helmet. The few downsides I have found are:
- no sunglass visor
- liner not removable except cheek pads
- not much, but just enough, distance between lips and chin bar for a microphone

Other than fit to head, which is obviously the number 1 criteria, the helmet (mine is an xxl) also fits well with a second helmet in the gl1800s trunk. Some competitive helmets are physically bigger.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I really don't like full face helmets, but I bought a Multitec for winter riding and I too had to buy a XXL and it is really snug. Other then that I like wearing it in colder weather.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have one and use it in the winter, otherwise I always wear a half helmet. The only complaint I have is that it's fairly noisy to me with the top vent open.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts