GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here successfully installed wired intercom/audio gear in a Shoei Neotec 2 helmet?

Any photos to share?

NOTE: I recognize the ease of installing something like a Sena SRL or other equivalent non-wired equipment. There is no need to comment on this or any other wireless setup at this time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'll have a look firsthand sometime next week and see how painful this is going to be....thanks!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
kwthom, I have installed J&M headsets in 5 different helmets . . . FF, modular, and 3/4 and they are all about the same. Take your time, work slowly & gently and voila! Easy peasy, right! 😃
I just purchased the Shoei Neotec 2 (Splicer) helmet & will be installing a new J&M headset in it next week. There are lots of online videos showing how to do it! I see no difficulties whatsoever! Good luck! (y)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Why did you ask for advice if you’re just going to bash my brand?? It makes 0 difference which brand YOU use. I was giving you my experience with the brand I was using . . . You posted this 5 months ago and got no response!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Installed a Sena 20Evo on the Neotec 2, no issues. I have the Sena Goldwing Clamp.
The speakers and wires ran just like on any other helmet.

The only adjustment was the clamp. I don't like using adhesive for the mount. The clamp went on fine, just had to go a little further back than on the regular Neotec.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why did you ask for advice if you’re just going to bash my brand?? It makes 0 difference which brand YOU use. I was giving you my experience with the brand I was using . . . You posted this 5 months ago and got no response!!
Wow... :rolleyes:

Extract the burr from your saddle, Hoss.

Your interpretation of my prior comment is in error.

Installation was a success, by the way. I will be kind and give you a piece of unsolicited advice.

You may have issues with the J&M mic boom/clamp/shell interface. The original Neotec was a bit more forgiving than this one.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I know . . . the J&M BT-04 clamp does not work with the Neotec 2. It needs a drill through + bolt or double sided tape! Easy peasy! (y)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
My J&M BT-04 headset has now been installed! I was able to use the included helmet clamp & no drilling (bolt) was needed! It sounds amazing! I love ❤ J&M products!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts