GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing the rear tire with a c/t and am looking for known shops that will take the tire/wheel off the bike and change the tire. Is anyone aware of a specific shop name/location in southeastern Illinois or southwestern Indiana vicinity that has installed a car tire on a wing?

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I am considering replacing the rear tire with a c/t and am looking for known shops that will take the tire/wheel off the bike and change the tire. Is anyone aware of a specific shop name/location in southeastern Illinois or southwestern Indiana vicinity that has installed a car tire on a wing?

If I read this right? you are looking for a Honda shop that will take off a MT and install a CT for you doing all the labor?

If that is the case..While highly unlikely that a Honda dealer will do so for liability reasons or just because they don't want to.
It has been reported a few times that a Honda dealer did in fact change to a CT,I just can't remember off hand if I read the guy did a carry in or brought in the bike as you are asking??

Most of us that have gone the CT route have found a independent bike shop willing to make a few $$ and don't care what we do with our own bikes...

For a while I was taking my rear wheel to Discount tire for my tire swap,and they charged me $14 and tossed the old tire too..I just told them it was for my trailer or trike,It didn't matter,They wanted the business..
I know have a friend with a tire machine that swaps out my tires..

I'd suggest you take your wheel off the bike and take it to a tire shop for the swap..

I don't know how you are going to balance your tire,But if your going to use Dyna beads? Have them installed after the first bead is installed on the wheel,saves time for getting them in the valve stem later..

BTW."Welcome to the Enlightened Darkside" :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wabashvalley, A two step process works.

Have your MC shop remove the old tire and pay. ( as you are

walking out, ask if they will install your CT )?

If they will; skip second step.

If not, then find a tire store that will mount your tire.

If they ask -- it's for a trike or trailer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
There is a shop in Newburg who will mount a car tire for you. They offered to do mine. If that is close enough to interest you, PM me and I will forward their info.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all. I should have clarified. I’m not necessarily looking for a Honda dealer. I would like to find option A- Independent shop that will take the wheel off and install the C/T I supply.

If not… Option B. A shop to take the wheel off and a shop to mount the new C/T (hopefully the two shops not being too far apart.)

Thanks again.

:yes1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts