GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread in the General area about shops that won't work on trikes, Whether the trike kit or the bike end that got me thinking. I've been known to be a 1000 miles from home and carry minimal tools and if I do breakdown I have towing but where do I tow it too?

So what I am proposing is compiling a list of shops that will work on any part of a trike. If this idea takes off maybe it could be set up as a sticky.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
excellent Idea!

Green River Honda---- Greenfield, Massachusetts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Shelby Honda
Shelby, NC

Schroeder’s Honda
Hendersonville, NC

Honda of Sumter
Sumter, SC

·
Vendor
16,047 Posts
JustWing works on trikes all the time. Many trikes that come leave fully service ... the GoldWing part and the trike part.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bikes Trikes and More(BTM)
Show Low AZ
Rick Howell - Owner

·
Registered
264 Posts
American Bike and Trike
3272 S 147th Pl, Gilbert, AZ 85297

·
Registered
84 Posts
I only found this out recently but on the Roadsmith site they have a list of all the places that do their conversions.
I am sure they all work on trikes after the conversion too.
I would also suspect that all the other trike manufacturers have similar lists of where to get their conversions installed.
Just a thought.

BTW having the list in one place is an excellent idea and I would like to be able to have that list with me on any trip I take.

Thanks for putting this together.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Agree, the list in one place for a print out is a GREAT idea. Mine threw a code up in mtns of TN, couldn't find a soul who would even consider looking at it.

·
Vendor
16,047 Posts
I only found this out recently but on the Roadsmith site they have a list of all the places that do their conversions.
I am sure they all work on trikes after the conversion too.
I would also suspect that all the other trike manufacturers have similar lists of where to get their conversions installed.
Just a thought.

BTW having the list in one place is an excellent idea and I would like to be able to have that list with me on any trip I take.

Thanks for putting this together.
Actually, there are many trike dealers that have no interest in working on a trike after it leaves. Basically, they have no interest in even talking to you until it is time for you to get another trike. Some will even divert their recent customers to other trike shops for their warranty work. It happened to a friend of mine who had a trike kit installed, and from the git-go, he was complaining about a high-speed vibration. About 30 days later, the vibration got considerably worst, and the dealer that installed his kit did everything to have him take it elsewhere. He only received service after showing up at their doorstep, and then having to place a call to the trike manufacture. Actually, it was also he who pointed out the problem to them after they got it up in the air.

In such cases this can be the reality. Many trike dealers are installers. Installers and mechanics have different skill levels, and rarely does an installer have the knowledge to diagnoses mechanical problems.

My best advise, stay away from volume trike dealers, and to see if they will service your trike after, ask them to schedule you in for a valve adjustment, and see what kind of response you get.

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
Let's play 'Let's make a deal'.
I think your idea is a good one, but if it were me, and I needed to find a repair shop 1K miles from home, I would hope the list I'm looking through is loaded with JUST names & locations. ie. no normal conversation back & forth. You could end up having 8 pages, 4 with names and locations, and 4 more with.....well, you get the idea. It's your sticky guys. You get to decide how 'busy' you want it to be.

So, my deal is, I'm making this a sticky, going to delete my post in a few day to help keep it clean, but how's about someone monitoring this and drop us an alert if it gets over-run? Make sense? Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts