GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ... Im new to the boards. I have a 93 VT1100 at present but I am in the market for a GW. While checking them out at the dealers ... my wife and I have found that she is too short for the passenger boards. Unfortunately, the sales guy we were talking to was clueless as to a fix for this. She is 4' 11" .... we have ridden Road Kings and Electra Glides with no problem. I'm sure there is some one out there with a similiar situation. Are their aftermarket boards ... if so what and where to get them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
One more option in risers. These are the ones I use. My wife appreciates them.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =956702839

Also, she didn't like the reclining position of the backrest so I took the cover loose and added a wedge of extra foam so she sits more upright. The reclining position was to hard on her back. Just went to the garage and took a quick picture of the backrest.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hmmm I had a friend make me some risers it's just a metal plate and it makes the floor board higher for me. I'm only 4'7" so I know about the short stuff.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Dive Master said:
You might consider the rack.
Your wife's gotta be one happy camper... you stretching out her back for her and all. LOL

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
My wife is 4'10" and is very satisfied with the Big Bike risers shown above. Raises the footboards over 3". Also had the passenger backrest reupholstered to add a couple inches of padding to allow a more upright sitting position.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys are the greatest ... thanks for all the helpful info ... can I get a website or catalog on the rack? Does Hondaline carry this product? :D

I'll send pics when I get my GW

thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Before you buy anything,I would suggest that she ride with you some before making a decision.My wife is also 4'11",and has one leg shorter than the other due to childhood polio.
She says the stock boards are just fine for her and has refused any offer for any modifications.Waiting may save you a little money.
I put these on for her for a while,but she never used them,so I took them off and sold them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I also use just plain wooden blocks. Fred will sometimes paint them so they blend in a little better, but try the blocks and see if she is more comfortable then you can go for the risers.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My wife is 5
2" and I put on the BigBike adjusters from HDL and she loves them.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
KURY, Transformer for my Shortie! She Loves Them!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Jchefboyardee said:
KURY, Transformer for my Shortie! She Loves Them!
ditto....My wife uses the Kury Transformers also, and loves them.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Baby Redwing said:
pronomian he said his wife is 5-2" you need my glasses....You poor boy.... :shock: :bow:
The 2" was on the second line, my mind went south, sorry.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts