GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, at 5' 8" have no problem flat footing my wing now with the Pirelli Eufori Tire on the rear (195-55-16).

Ya it's here. The BT021. The numbers on discount tire company's website make me wonder if this will be a long lasting tire (17.95 more revs per mile) than the normal size tire gets. But this could be an option for short people. If your even shorter than I am maybe this tire (BT021 which is 0.56 shorter than the regular size tire) will probably help solve your short legged problems. In about 1000 more miles I'll be putting on the BT021 and will let you know how things go. Custom seats are not the only option anymore.

BT021 Front

Pirelli Tires EUFORI 195/55R16 Runflat 87H rear

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hey that looks great. Will take a few miles to get an idea of the tire characteristics. However, any buzz should show up quickly. Cheers...:doorag:

·
DSI Keeper
9,167 Posts
One thing you may like will be the lighter steering feel. I will watch this thread also.

One other note. The 60 size rear MT has more revs per mile than the 70 size, yet most are reporting much less tire wear with the 60 size.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks good. Hope it works for you.

I see you have one of the newer bikes with the pesty power amp that gets in the way when removing the rear tire.

Did you know that the GL1800 can be 'wrestled' to the floor and the rear wheel can be easily removed w/o screwing with all that crap? First time I changed rear tire I removed the Tupperware, amp, etc. and then installed tire and put everything back together.

When I installed the Kumho my brother helped me lay the bike in its right side in the garage. I did put a moving blanket down and removed my Baker leg wings and Kury-akin hiway pegs, just to be safe. The wheel removal was a real snap with the bike laying on its side, as was the install of the new tire.

A person can do this alone or with help. Of course an assistant would make it easier.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Yep, sometimes we have to learn the hard way....

Some of us have to learn it again and again...

I have the amp also and when I put my 2nd OEM MC tire on I took EVERYTHING apart !!! :evil::evil:

Then I got smart and went to the darkside !! And at someone's suggestion I laid the old girl down on her side and just pulled her shoes off and put new ones on !!!

Man that was easy !

Why is it so tough to learn for me ??

The school of hard knocks has some high tuition !!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I also removed the left muffler and had wide open spaces. It was so easy because I didn't have to lift the tire/wheel straight up.

I suppose there wasn't anyplace else to put that amp, but I learned the hard way until I started to read this 'Darksiders' forum. I also have the Bushtec hitch setup, but can't recall if I had to remove the cross piece for the hitch or not, but that's not very hard anyway. Lots to learn here.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No thanks on the put bike on it's side trick. After five hernia surgeries you don't really want to lift that kind of weight unless it's a you have to situation.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just put mine up on the lift and drop out the floor pan and drop the wheel straight down and out .Sure beats having to pick the bike back up off the floor:shrug:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
;):bow:

Yep us less vertical folks must all band together, I at a normal sized 5'18"
like the fact that there are several fellas taller than I but must always side with the majority of folks who actually do their research. ;):popcorn::lol:

TGIF and I AGAIN got to ride to work!!!!!! :excited::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
..I suppose there wasn't anyplace else to put that amp
... for another project, I relocated the amp to the bottom of the
trunk.. where the CD player is supposed to go.
It fits in there very nicely...

Dennis

·
Registered
310 Posts
******* Dave are you really 6'6" (5'18")

·
Registered
430 Posts
Five Hernia Ops?

No thanks on the put bike on it's side trick. After five hernia surgeries you don't really want to lift that kind of weight unless it's a you have to situation.
Well Steve, not trying to be a wizeazz (or maybe am), if I had 5 hernia ops, I probably wouldn't lay the bike on its side either and I definitely would not attempt to lift a heavy tire and wheel straight up into the wheel well. Probably outsource the job.

Just throwing out an idea that seems to work for many. Although I did not attemp to right the bike myself, I have done so in the past. You might check out the Ride Like a Pro DVD in case you need to pick up the bike. Very helpful technique.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts