GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I got a short ride in today, 63 degrees and sunny.....took both bikes out and had some Fire Fresh BBQ, yummy....:lol:

Sorry for those still snowed in....come on spring..

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Wife and I got a short ride in today, 63 degrees and sunny.....took both bikes out and had some Fire Fresh BBQ, yummy....:lol:

Ya know, :wrong:. Go ahead, kick a man when he is down. Personally, I don't think you are a bit sorry. Sounded a lot like gloating to me. May the insects of a thousand camels infest your armpits!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Left the house at 8 this morning and just got home. Temp is up to 74 will be leaving for the Keys on Thursday. Look out FL here I come.

·
Registered
2013 Red GW
5,924 Posts
Got 600 miles in this weekend. Spring is here at last. (least in Fla) Temps in the 70s and going up to the 80s next week. I went up to Ceder Key today and hundreds of V-twins were there, I was the only GW that I saw there. More bikes than cages.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya know, :wrong:. Go ahead, kick a man when he is down. Personally, I don't think you are a bit sorry. Sounded a lot like gloating to me. May the insects of a thousand camels infest your armpits!
Sorry.....camel insects???? now that's wrong.........:22yikes:

·
Registered
12 Posts

We also took advantage of a 70 degree sunny day. Made a 75 mile afternoon cruse to check out a lot of ice storm damage in the srounding counties. KYBLUE were you damaged and loose power? We were without power for a week, better than most around Crofton.Ky. And yes their are bugs out already.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Left the house at 8 this morning and just got home. Temp is up to 74 will be leaving for the Keys on Thursday. Look out FL here I come.
Shoundog, Sent you a PM with questions about the Keys. We are heading there in May. All dressed up and no place to stay kind of thing.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Wife sent me to the store for an alarm clock for our grand daughters "room" here at the house. #2 son (23 year old Winger) and I left, found one, and got back home 4 hours and 141 miles later. It only got up to 68* before we returned.

Ready to saddle up

My Babydoll turned 10. :cry:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
You'll need a valid passport and a visa to cross the border into the Sunshine State. Oh yeah..., and an appetite. ;)

-

·
Love The DCT
12,197 Posts

Yea, come on spring! We're looking at freezing rain/ice for this evening/tomorrow, but nothing like you guys had down your way. Still have lots of snow left on the ground, and I won't ride till the rains wash the salt off the roads.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,125 Posts
It got up into the 60's today. I didn't take my Wing out because of the salt mess on some of the roads and I didn't want to get any salt on my chrome wheels, so I took my cruiser out for a short ride. Lot's of cruisers out today...had a good ride, but it sure does get cold quick when the sun goes down....still it felt good to get a ride in.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We also took advantage of a 70 degree sunny day. Made a 75 mile afternoon cruse to check out a lot of ice storm damage in the srounding counties. KYBLUE were you damaged and loose power? We were without power for a week, better than most around Crofton.Ky. And yes their are bugs out already.
Lost power for 5 days, bought a generator on the fourth.....not much damage to us, we lost a lot of trees and limbs, nothing more...we are better than most...some people are still without power and I feel for them. Bless all the utility workers....thay did a great job concidering the weather and the amout of loss....death count is up to 30 in Kentucky....very sad all over the country.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wife sent me to the store for an alarm clock for our grand daughters "room" here at the house. #2 son (23 year old Winger) and I left, found one, and got back home 4 hours and 141 miles later. It only got up to 68* before we returned.

Ready to saddle up

My Babydoll turned 10. :cry:

Now there is a sweetie.....:thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
I decided to take advantage of the warm (36 deg) weather here also. Left around 11 am and returned home at 4:50 pm. Managed to get just over 200 miles on. Got some strange looks from people in cages.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey How about sharing where you went for BBQ I live in Southern Illinois and always looking for Good BBQ places
Fire Fresh BBQ on US31W in Valley Station, KY
there are a few of them in and around the Louisville area...some firemen started it ( I think) and they do quite well.....I like it anyway...I get the rib tips....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts